Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if the SLK32 front calipers/rotors will fit on a '05 C230 with the stock wheels? I have a pair, and was thinking about installing them. I've done some research, and it looks as though the the brakes are interchangeable between the SLK32/C32 and the standard R170/W203, however, the SLK32 AMG brakes won't fit on the regular 170 with the standard wheels (even the 17" AMG sport wheels), so I didn't know if they would fit on the C230 with standard wheels?

I also know that you have to switch the right and left calipers. I don't know if anyone has tried this with the SLK32 calipers on a regular W203?

·
Registered
C230K Sport Sedan
5,368 Posts
My 2004.5 has the same wheels as the 2005 C230 but they came standard with the same 4 pot brakes as the AMG (C32), just says Mercedes Benz instead of AMG and it's painted matt gray instead of shiny silver, but it's the same size. And the non-AMG SLK320 came with 16" wheels that look like our wheels but are 16". What I don't know is if they are the same exact brakes, they should be, they look the same, but check the parts counter to see if they are the same part number.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My 2004.5 has the same wheels as the 2005 C230 but they came standard with the same 4 pot brakes as the AMG (C32), just says Mercedes Benz instead of AMG and it's painted matt gray instead of shiny silver, but it's the same size. And the non-AMG SLK320 came with 16" wheels that look like our wheels but are 16". What I don't know is if they are the same exact brakes, they should be, they look the same, but check the parts counter to see if they are the same part number.
Thanks for the response.

I'm pretty sure the C32/SLK32 calipers are different. I'll probably just try it, and see what happens.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.