Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· BenzWorld R170 SLK Host
2002 SLK32 AMG
2,546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, my SLK32 had the accelerator pedal replaced under warranty at around 12K miles. The problem was that when pushing the pedal all the way to the floor, the car would go into a limp mode of some sort which would last until you shut the car off and restarted. It was 100% repeatable. Every time you floor the pedal. I assume something to do with the drive-by-wire potentiometer at the transmission kick-down position.

Fast forward to about 5 year ago when the car had 25K miles or so and I started getting the same problem again. I never had it fixed because I've put less than 3K miles on it in the last 6 years. The car was at the dealer yesterday and they noticed the problem and offered to fix it for $640. I find it ridiculous that the part lasts only 12K miles. Has anyone else had this problem their SLK32 AMG? Sorry if it's been discussed, but I've been pretty much absent from the forum since 2008 or so.

I haven't been driving the car much for the past 6 years, but plan to start driving it again regularly this summer if it doesn't cost a fortune to maintain.

2002 SLK32 AMG
2,546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Plugged my OBD-II scanner in this morning and I'm getting P0123 Throttle position sensor voltage high. I'm pretty sure this is related, but I never saw this code before and I've used an OBD-II scanner one other time since I've had this issue. It's possible that the code was cleared from a dead battery that time, though.

Also, found some info that the pedal in the SLK230 cost only $200 5 or 6 years ago. Is it the same as the SLK32 AMG?

2002 SLK32 AMG
2,546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The dealer said this is a potentiometer. Does anyone know if it's possible to spraying CRC electronic in it and if it will help?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.