Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
04' SLK230
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry i was searching but i couldnt find it. And the engine is different from the SLK320 :confused:

L

·
0 Posts
And the engine is different from the SLK320 :confused:

Sorry but I'm not good at math, so you would have to figure out the math on your own. The slk 320 has 6 cylinders and the Slk 230 has 4 cylinders. So 6 cylinders - 4 cylinders = ????? :thumbsup: You got it (I hope).:D

·
Registered
2002 SLK 32 AMG, bone stock. 1987 190E 2.3-16 valve (destroyed). 2005 E320 new toy.
14,926 Posts
Sorry i was searching but i couldnt find it. And the engine is different from the SLK320 :confused:
Our sarcastic friend didn't give you a location for buying those filters, try here, German Star ships pretty fast : Loading...

Or you can pick them up at a local dealer and pay a bit more and save on shipping... :)

If you decide to mail order you should consider buying a few of everything, that will save on shipping as well. Another point to consider is joining the Mercedes Benz Club of America, with Club membership you can typically get a discount on Benz parts at the dealer, in some cases as much as 15% but normally 5 to 10%.

·
Registered
04' SLK230
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Our sarcastic friend didn't give you a location for buying those filters, try here, German Star ships pretty fast : Loading...

Or you can pick them up at a local dealer and pay a bit more and save on shipping... :)

If you decide to mail order you should consider buying a few of everything, that will save on shipping as well. Another point to consider is joining the Mercedes Benz Club of America, with Club membership you can typically get a discount on Benz parts at the dealer, in some cases as much as 15% but normally 5 to 10%.
Last question. What are these 'green filters'?

·
Registered
2002 SLK 32 AMG, bone stock. 1987 190E 2.3-16 valve (destroyed). 2005 E320 new toy.
14,926 Posts
Last question. What are these 'green filters'?
Someone here posted some photo's of the green filters he installed on his SLK, they were a simple cone filter that sucked hot air from the engine bay, not an especially good idea.
If you are interested in something like that do a search and you may be able to find a housing for them with an outside air intake, that would be the way to go.
The fact is that the stock paper filters are pretty damn good and you don't lose much if anything at all by using them.

·
Premium Member
1999 SLK230 Sport
2,713 Posts
Sorry but I'm not good at math, so you would have to figure out the math on your own. The slk 320 has 6 cylinders and the Slk 230 has 4 cylinders. So 6 cylinders - 4 cylinders = ????? :thumbsup: You got it (I hope).:D

Linh...why is it that you always have to be such a dick?

·
Registered
04' SLK230
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Someone here posted some photo's of the green filters he installed on his SLK, they were a simple cone filter that sucked hot air from the engine bay, not an especially good idea.
If you are interested in something like that do a search and you may be able to find a housing for them with an outside air intake, that would be the way to go.
The fact is that the stock paper filters are pretty damn good and you don't lose much if anything at all by using them.
THank you, so just buy regular filter. :thumbsup:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts