Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just bought a 1998 SLK230 and its my first mercedes. my driver side is cold but the center and passenger side is blazing hot coming out the vents. i have both dials to blue which is cold and its still the same. can anybody help me on this. Im one of those DIY type person, so i would liek to know what it could be the problem. :confused: :confused:

·
Registered
17 Posts
@Mike and BenzGirl

Did this ever get fix? If so what was the problem and can you give a brief or in-depth description of what needed to be done. If you are short on time please let me know what was faulty. I am having the same problem I took a look at the duo valve but no change.

·
Registered
44 Posts
The duovalve was indeed the problem. I tried cleaning the valve but it only worked for a week. I finally replaced it with a new one (very easy to do) and I have not had a problem since. Good luck with your!

·
Registered
17 Posts
@Mike and BenzGirl

Oh thanks BenzGirl, were you having the exact same problem as Mike with the driver side being cold but the passenger side being hot when you turn on the AC? I worked in my valves but it didn't help at all

Mike did you ever get the A/C fixed? What was the problem and can you give a brief or in-depth description of what needed to be done. If you are short on time please let me know what was faulty. I am having the same problem I took a look at the duo valve but no change.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts