Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
slk 2000k year 2000 and austin-healey sprite[bugeye] E 350 convertable
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi guys
can any one tell me how to get at the windscreen washer motor. its not working so i persume its the motor that needs replacement. any help accepted thanks . fab

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks very much. any idea how big a job it is to get at it? i checked the fuses and they are ok. i never realised how important they were untill it stopped working.

·
Registered
2002 SLK 230 1986 560SL 2008 Honda CRV
3,664 Posts
I have'nt had mine off yet, but it looks very simple just a few screws to remove the fender wall. Guess i'll find out soon enough.

·
Registered
1999 SLK 230K
23 Posts
I had this problem too .... then i found I wasn't using the switch right ... lol make sure you are operating the switch correctly ...especially if you have more than one car ... i felt such a fool lol

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks so much for the response. i am using the correct switch, but thanks anyway. i have not yet taken the wheel off to see how much i have to dismantle to get at the pump. i suppose i am just hoping some one can give me some advise so i can avoid damageing anything.
regards fab

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thank you so much you have been a great help. can you tell me where you got the photo of the components from, i would love to have access to info like that
again thanks
fab

·
Registered
2 Posts
For users who may see this thread in the future, the answer to the last question is you can purchase a Service Manual Library CD called STAR Service Service Manual Library Model 170 for about $200.00 from Mercedes Benz which includes 1999 SLK 230 model. Problem is the particular diagram shown does not match the actual configuration of the reservoir in my 1999 SLK 230; although the headlamp/windscreen washer reservoir assembly is mounted where shown, on mine the windscreen washer motor is not mounted in the easily accessible location the diagram shows and I was unable to adequately explore around the reservoir to determine where the washer motor is mounted due to the cramped quarters; for the same reason couldn't clearly tell how to remove the entire headlamp/windscreen washer reservoir assembly. Anyone know about this problem?

·
Registered
2004 230SLK
222 Posts
Suggest you download the Chrysler Crossfire service manual. It has lots of diagrams which will be of use if your SLK is 2000 on up. Here's a pic I copied out of that manual. You can find a reference for downloading on this site. Search "Crossfire manual".
I have a 2004 230 SLK and my reservoir sits with the long side of reservoir in a plane with the car. There are a couple hoses which sit in channels molded into the tank. This makes it somewhat difficult to reinstall the tank. Also you have to remove the filler neck from the tank top opening. It is not fastened to the tank. Just goes into the tank a few inches. This is why if you overfill the tank fluid runs out the bottom of the car.

Attachments

·
Registered
1999 SLK 230
937 Posts
I use alldatadiy.com for manuals and that is from where the original diagram came. It's been a long time since I worked on my reservoir, but I recall the cramped quarters. O believe I had to remove the reservoir to access the motor and gaskets or o-rings, which were leaking on mine.

·
Registered
SLK320 2001 facelift model
22 Posts
Just had a problem with headlight washer tube coming off. Removed front offside wheel arch shield (remember to apply release agent to studs etc) then washer fluid tank slides our c/w TWO pumps (UK). One for windscreen and other for h/l wash. Check all conncetions carefully as thet corrode. Also check tank rubber mounts as these crack and fall off causing a rattle. To get at h/l hose conncetions - offside has t-piece remove indicator and headlight. Nearside under wing again. Use ties on hoses. Stuart

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thank you for that, though its not a match to my reservoir the instructions give me more insight into how I might be able to remove it, assuming commonality with the "rubber grommets" that are said to attach it, I'll give it a try. Also, although I knew about removing the fill tube and removing the battery terminal, probably would have overlooked those details on initial retry had you not mentioned them and refreshed my understanding of their importance to a successful removal of the reservoir.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts