Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my 98 SLK230 goes through all the steps. all windows go down, top unlocks, trunk opens, but no movement from the top. i tried to give it a budge but all it will do is move an inch up from the lock and fall back down. it doesnt want to finish its course :( . What could it be?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
today i was messing with it and i finally got it to go in manually but i had to do a lot of budging and all this work for it to go in and then my trunk didnt want to close. it feels like its the hydraulic shocks r being the pain of it all. i have no leaks from the cylinder but the liquid in there is on the minimum line. any ideas anybody?

·
Registered
Two 1998 SLK230s, 2003 SLK230 SE, 2002 ML320
920 Posts
Sounds like you don't have hydraulic pressure in the roof motor, and your fluid is low. Look for leaks an top up. There are plenty of posts on leaking roof hydraulics - could be messy.

·
Registered
98 red 230 slk
454 Posts
Hydro fluid must be at the proper level. Do a search on checking fluid level proceedure. You probably have a small leak somewhere.

·
Registered
2010 C200 CGI /W203/SLK230/W202/230E/280SE
3,301 Posts
Checked the 40 amp main fuse under the hood? - number 24 I think - mine kept blowing when I had a stiff mechanism.- Would to get as far as trunk open but only started to raise.

Oberoi

1 - 6 of 6 Posts