Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
slk roof freezing first time
I've got a 99 Slk230 with problems with the roof, similar to others mentioned in the forums.
The luggage cover is in place and the fault only tends to occur first time the roof is used after the car has been turned off , even for a minute.
Pressing the roof switch will drop windows, open boot but then nothing, mercedes lubricated front catches but no improvement, if u release the roof switch and then try again the roof will eventually continue to work after a few attempts.
Also occasionally when raising the roof the boot opens but nothing further.
The fluid level is ok, and the micro switch that detects the boot being open has been replaced,
any further ideas ? ?
Thanks Eric....

·
Premium Member
1999 SLK230 Sport
2,713 Posts
Replace switches S69/1 S69/2 and S69/3. These are the switches in the front of the the roof where the roof contacts the top of the windshield and the one in the top of the windshield. These are known faulty switches. I had exactly the same issues as you and have not had any problems since mine were changed. Cost about $130 to do the job.

Attachments

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks , i didn't even realise there were two switches in the roof itself just saw the one at top of screen.

·
Registered
2002 - SLK 32
40 Posts
I had the exact same problem. After replacing the switches previously mentioned, never had a problem again.

·
Registered
2000 slk230 Komp
95 Posts
thankx for the info, since mine is kinda doing the same thing. any ideas what would cause the little windows not to come up unless i release the switch; then try again? [:(]

·
Registered
01 SLK 320 MT6
4,477 Posts
barndogz - 3/22/2005 10:56 PM

thankx for the info, since mine is kinda doing the same thing. any ideas what would cause the little windows not to come up unless i release the switch; then try again? [:(]
My guess - system doesn't know that roof is completely down and trunk is closed - so it doesn't move to the next step (windows go up) - must be last micro-switch in the roof down sequence doesn't respond.

·
Registered
2000 slk230 Komp
95 Posts
Kirill - 3/23/2005 11:09 AM

barndogz - 3/22/2005 10:56 PM

My guess - system doesn't know that roof is completely down and trunk is closed - so it doesn't move to the next step (windows go up) - must be last micro-switch in the roof down sequence doesn't respond.

thankx, i'll have them check all the switches just in case [:D]

1 - 7 of 7 Posts