Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:mad:MY SLK 280 IS JUST OVER 2 YEARS OLD WITH 15000 MILES ON THE CLOCK. IT IS IN EXCELLENT CONDITION BUT THE RATTLES ARE DRIVING ME MAD. SOME DAYS THERE ARE NO RATTLES BUT ON OTHER DAYS THEY ARE NOISY. IT'S LIKE HAVING TOOTHACHE, YOU FEEL THE PAIN BUT NOT SURE WHERE IT'S COMING FROM. iT IS SOMEWHERE ROUND THE BOOT, PARCEL SHELF OR ROOF AREA AND ANY HELP IN THIS AREA WOULD BE APPRECIATED.

THANK YOU

·
Registered
858 Posts
:thumbsup:Check the DIY section under R171 SLK Class (here - this forum). There are suggestions and four fixes for roof rattles.

·
Registered
966 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
:mad:MY SLK 280 IS JUST OVER 2 YEARS OLD WITH 15000 MILES ON THE CLOCK. IT IS IN EXCELLENT CONDITION BUT THE RATTLES ARE DRIVING ME MAD. SOME DAYS THERE ARE NO RATTLES BUT ON OTHER DAYS THEY ARE NOISY. IT'S LIKE HAVING TOOTHACHE, YOU FEEL THE PAIN BUT NOT SURE WHERE IT'S COMING FROM. iT IS SOMEWHERE ROUND THE BOOT, PARCEL SHELF OR ROOF AREA AND ANY HELP IN THIS AREA WOULD BE APPRECIATED.

THANK YOU
So will still be under dealer warranty? I had horrendous rattles in the first 6 months (....partly I imgaine due to English country lanes rather than smooth German roads). Several trips to the main dealer fixed this all under warranty - first of all they will lubricate the whole roof system- this will fix most of the minor rattles. The more persistent ones will need a trip out with the dealer's Quality Manager. Take them on a drive to roads near the dealer where you know you can replicate specific noises - they will then get to work on it. In the end I said "keep the car till it is fixed", kept the c-class estate loan car anda day later it was all done. I felt like giving the car up on many occasions but now it is just perfect. The only time a hear a rattle now is when the passenger seatbelt buckle is not lying on the leather but has got lost around the back of the seat. Good luck - it will be fixed....

·
Registered
295 Posts
The only time a hear a rattle now is when the passenger seatbelt buckle is not lying on the leather but has got lost around the back of the seat.

Isn't that annoying? I notice that none of my passengers leave the seatbelt in the correct place. I am now very good at reaching across and givin a deft flick of the belt to bring it back around to the front. ha - there should be an Olympic sport for that. ha!

I still have roof rattles but it seems to be in the mechanism itself. The first service is soon so it is on the list for the dealer to sort out.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts