Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife's 2002 SLK-32AMG's BAS light is coming on daily after driving it for more than a 15 minute drive. I have a standard OBD to see if I can read a diagnositic code, but when looking under the dash on the drivers side, I do not see any connector that looks like the standard "D" shaped connector. Do I need to remove any of the covers under the dash? There is a port next to the hood latch, but it is not the shape that matches my ODB. Is this the port and Mercedes decided to use their own connector, or am I not looking in the right place. Thanks in advance.

·
Outstanding Contributor - Always Remembered, RIP
Zotye Auto 1.5T T600 2016
52,804 Posts
My wife's 2002 SLK-32AMG's BAS light is coming on daily after driving it for more than a 15 minute drive. I have a standard OBD to see if I can read a diagnositic code, but when looking under the dash on the drivers side, I do not see any connector that looks like the standard "D" shaped connector. Do I need to remove any of the covers under the dash? There is a port next to the hood latch, but it is not the shape that matches my ODB. Is this the port and Mercedes decided to use their own connector, or am I not looking in the right place. Thanks in advance.
the port is under the dash on the drivers side and has a small plastic cover, its the standard 16 pin connection. Does your OBD connector have a 16 pin connector?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.