Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'm trying to touch up the dash & trim of my otherwise mint 1998 SLK230. Can anyone point me in the direction of obtaining my interior color code and where to purchase touch up paint ?

I have the Black & grey color scheme.... black seats / grey dash

BTW- I'm in the USA

Thanks

·
Registered
1998 , SLK 230
656 Posts
I used the Mercedes Benz Club Russia data base -a Russian website that will give you the original delivery order including paints and fitted options codes for your car if you punch in the VIN. The address is probably in the stickys somewhere, if google can't find it. Be careful, like a lot of free stuff on the internet, I wouldn't use it unless I had anti virus protection on my computer- but it did give me a full report on what my car was when it was shipped.

In Australia, I use Tautflex for internal touch up paint- they make a full range to match the original MB colours.

If you are thinking of removing your dash for painting have a good look at it first, many dashboards are turning crumbly and cracking due to age- they fall apart as they're removed.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you very much for your input... it is much appreciated.

I did a ton of research yesterday.... I found a Youtube video of a guy repainting his interior.with the same color scheme as mine and his finished product looked pretty good !

He held up the bottle of the paint he was using so, I freeze framed the video and got the info off the bottle..... the paint company is VOLICO .... and they sell my exact paint color on Ebay Germany ! .... Thank God :)

Fortunately, I don't have to remove the dash as it is in very good shape.... my R170 has been garaged it's entire life so, no dry rot of any kind.... just some scratches on the center console....

Again, thank YOU !

Chris

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm trying to touch up the dash & trim of my otherwise mint 1998 SLK230. Can anyone point me in the direction of obtaining my interior color code and where to purchase touch up paint ? I have the Black & grey color scheme.... black seats / grey dash BTW- I'm in the USA Thanks
Same problem here. Same make and model but a 1999. I believe i need quartz sand touch up paint

·
Registered
1999 Mercedes SLK230 Kompressor Sport Roadster
160 Posts
I went to Lowes and had their paint department match my color. I used an exterior paint that you can use on plastics. These online sellers want way too much for their paint, thinks it’s made with gold leaf or something. If you have a quartz interior, here is the answer to your problems. Just take this into Lowes and the numbers are on the can
Hand Liquid Automotive tire Food Ingredient
Car Vehicle Gear shift Speedometer Automotive design

1 - 5 of 5 Posts