Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
94' E500 Red/02' SLK32 AMG Red
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 02' slk32. Ive noticed this on numerous occasions now. I will be driving 20-30mph or freeways sometimes and my car will out of nowhere lose almost full power and the ESP, E-Brake, and BAS light will get lit. Also my speedometer drops to 0mph. So after pulling over and shutting off the car and turning it on again this problem gets solved but not for long. This has been happening a lot lately. Also the car doesn't shift while this is happening and when pressing the pedal it picks up speed but very little. What can be causing this?

·
Registered
2002 slk230
300 Posts
Did you get any liquid spilled into shifter? Mine did the same thing after coming out from dealer. They spilled liquid during warranty service and replaced some kind of E transmission module to fix it.

·
Registered
94' E500 Red/02' SLK32 AMG Red
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No nothing spilled, its wierd it wont happen for a while then randomly il be driving it on the freeway or streets and it will happen again...its killing me I dont know what its from.

·
Registered
2004 SLK32 AMG
139 Posts
Just a shot in the dark, but are you sure those are the only lights coming on, and that ALL of the lights on the dash aren't lighting up? What you're describing almost sounds like the car believes the engine is not running, especially considering it's drive-by-wire so who knows what it would actually do with the throttle input if it doesn't believe that the engine is running. I'm not really sure what could cause this, but it might be worth a shot at looking at. Like someone else said, have the codes pulled and check them out.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts