Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After reading some of the old posts, it seems that the dye Mercedes used to color their dash, consoles and seats easily peels off.

I was hoping that someone else out there has tried this repair on a 2001 SLK320 with a black and charcoal interior, so they can tell me what dye colors they ordered and from which supplier.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
1999 SLK 230
68 Posts
www.leatherworldtech.com has some Mercedes Benz dyes and they match your color if you provide a sample to them.

Has anyone had any success in finding sienna biege dye? Leather World Tech does not have it.

·
Registered
1998 SLK 230
36 Posts
I ordered some dye from leatherworld tech to touch up the nicks in my salsa red interior. Color seems to match pretty closely but its way too shiny. So, I've ordered some of the dulling agent and will try again when it arrives.

·
Registered
2001 SLK 230
493 Posts
I've probably spent around $100 at leatherworldtech.com in order to match my interior color. I am mixing two of leatherworldtech's "shell" colors 1:1 and then adding a drop of the wife's brown craft paint to get an exact match. Durability is good, but I spent a lot of money and a lot of time to figure it out. Lots of earlier posts claim poor color matches and runny paint from leatherworldtech.com.

If I were doing this all over again, I would give leathermagic.com a try. I think they even have my correct color after looking at their color charts: Shell Nappa.

Has anyone tried the vinyl paint from leathermagic? Here's a link to the color chart.
http://www.leathermagic.com/Secure/eCommerce/colorchart.asp?cid=11

·
Registered
2000 Designo SLK-05 C230WK-05 E320CDi-2010 GLK 350
714 Posts
It's amazing how many problems are common between MB and VW because they source their parts from the same OEM suppliers.

The rubberized paint on the interior panels breaks down due to the acidity of perspiration. After all of the warranty claims since they started using the process on their fourth generation cars, VW has now started stocking replacement parts with the correct color moulded into the plastic rather than having the color painted on. I wonder if MB will follow with the same solution?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts