Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
SLK 350+ GSD350 CONV
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, new on this forum and just back to driving Mercedes after a few TVR's.

Due to my links with Italy I've been in touch with the SLK Club Italia and they asked if anybody would be interested in setting up an affiliated SLK club in the UK to exchange ideas, team up with UK dealerships, organise a European meet in the UK, etc.

I've posted on Pistonheads.com and there was zero interest and I was given your details by the MB Club UK Forum.

I've noticed there is an SLK meet tomorrow in Castle Coombe so there may be a few people interested in the idea.

Over to you.

Could a moderator copy this to the 170 forum or move it to the correct place if I've messed up. Thanks

·
Registered
BMW
900 Posts
I saw your PH posting and I might be interested in participating, although not administering. I had several years as Berks RO, webmaster and committee member for the TVRCC so I've done my bit for the motoring fraternity for now. I'd be quite happy to sit back and let someone else do the organising.

I'm not getting my car until 1st September. I'm collecting it from Bremen in July, but it would be silly not to wait for the 55 reg to start for the UK registration, so the dealer is going to look after it during August and deliver it to my house in the last week of August, ready for 1st September.

·
Registered
SLK350, BMW K1200LT
808 Posts
steve-p - 4/25/2005 6:12 PM

I get the impression that attracting car enthusiasts as buyers is new territory for the SLK, hence the number of people who don't even want sports suspension [:)]
As an ex TVR S3 owner (remember the Ford 2.9 engined V6 back in '89) - I enjoy the softer ride of my SLK with standard suspension [:p][:p]

1 - 6 of 6 Posts