Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
350 SLK
1,528 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Park Place Mercedes is advertising this chrome fins set for the hood and side vent of the 2005 SLK.

Where is my side vent? Is there a side vent on the 55 or AMG mod? I know the SL has a side vent but mine seems to be missing is missing.

Does anyone have a side vent?

Attachments

·
Registered
SLK 350
2,327 Posts
There are phoney side vents that can be attached to an SLK to make it look more like an SL. Very tackey in my opinion.

·
Registered
350 SLK
1,528 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Duo-Art - 4/30/2005 7:17 PM

There are phoney side vents that can be attached to an SLK to make it look more like an SL. Very tackey in my opinion.
Ohhh....I agree...don't want to be an SL wannabe or even an SLK55 wannabe...which is why I haven't taken the badge off of my car (I know, some of you have removed it for aesthetic reasons[;)]). Wouldn't do any good anyway as my license plate says it all[8D]

Attachments

·
Registered
2004 SL500 2002 SLK320
1,672 Posts
I thought about those chrome fins and I remember how I got blinded when I road with someone with chrome fins. Chrome is great but it really reflects light into your eyes.

·
Registered
2005 SLK350
49 Posts
The chrome fins I have are not polished so they do not cause any problems and I really like the way they dress up the hood.

BTW malibuite nice plate!!!

·
Registered
2005 SLK350 2011 GLK3504X 2006 ML350(selling when GLK arrives)
1,940 Posts
malibuite:

You finally revealed...I remember asking about your plate months ago...what was the big deal?

Looks good, though...[;)] [:eek:)][:eek:)][:eek:)]

·
Registered
2005 SLK 350
159 Posts
hey malibu....

I got an order from performance products.....some I loved and some I hated.

I would up only keeping an item or two....and I did too, like another member had mentioned, get the fins for the side of the car as well with the order.

They are just a black thick plastic imitation.....has beehive looking holes to poorly represent a grill or the likes...with chrome fins attatched to the top. You can stick them anywhere you want....but the only place I'd stick them is in a return envelope not on my car.

I do think as well that they look tacky....and I love my car so much and didn't want to do something silly or overboard, so i decided not to keep them. Got in a fight with my other half about not keeping them too....lol, not fun!

If I understood it correctly, you didn't get them.....so consider urself lucky!

·
Registered
350 SLK
1,528 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Motzkoman - 4/30/2005 12:00 AM

malibuite:

You finally revealed...I remember asking about your plate months ago...what was the big deal?

Looks good, though...[;)] [:eek:)][:eek:)][:eek:)]
The "big deal" was being too lazy to take the picture[:I] Finally got around to it yesterday[8D]

·
Registered
1,940 Posts
Thanks malibuite...I still think we should put our heads together and come up with some drive that meets halfway between Norhtern and Southern CA...maybe something in the Cambria or SLO area would be good...linking up saturday afternoon/evening with an overnight stay for those that want it. The overnighter we did in Columbia last weekend was great...7 cars from SF BAy area met 7 cars from Sacramento area and 2 more that came directly to Amador City on 49; 16 cars total. We drove down to have lunch in Jackson, then on down 49 to Columbia for an overnighter of about half the group.

Would you consider something, maybe late summer/fall between No and So. CA...[?]

·
Registered
350 SLK
1,528 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Motzkoman - 5/1/2005 10:31 AM

Thanks malibuite...I still think we should put our heads together and come up with some drive that meets halfway between Norhtern and Southern CA...maybe something in the Cambria or SLO area would be good...linking up saturday afternoon/evening with an overnight stay for those that want it. The overnighter we did in Columbia last weekend was great...7 cars from SF BAy area met 7 cars from Sacramento area and 2 more that came directly to Amador City on 49; 16 cars total. We drove down to have lunch in Jackson, then on down 49 to Columbia for an overnighter of about half the group.

Would you consider something, maybe late summer/fall between No and So. CA...[?]
Do you think there would be much interest in the Pebble Beach Concours d'elegance the end of August?

http://www.pebblebeachconcours.net/

·
Registered
SLK350, BMW K1200LT
808 Posts
Hey, what about a meet in mid Oct. when I'm doing my motorbike tour from LA to LV and back to LA - via various canyons, valleys, deserts etc. which you guys are lucky enough to ignore most of the time[|)][|)]

·
Registered
350 SLK
1,528 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Woolly - 5/1/2005 1:37 PM

Hey, what about a meet in mid Oct. when I'm doing my motorbike tour from LA to LV and back to LA - via various canyons, valleys, deserts etc. which you guys are lucky enough to ignore most of the time[|)][|)]
Hey, Wool!

That might work. How about a road trip to Vegas[8D]?

By the way, I drive Malibu Canyon Road every day, a driver's delight except during tourist season and rush hour[xx(] See pic below.

Be forewarned, the road trip to Vegas can be brutal with traffic. Too bad you can't also work in a trip up the california coast on PCH[:p] maybe next trip

You might be interested in this website re riding motorcycles on a PCH tour.

http://www.pashnit.com/roads/cal/Highway1toLeggit.htm

Attachments

·
Registered
SLK 350
2,327 Posts
Malibuite,

That picture looks just like the Chicago area except for the mountains and winding road. In other words, this area is flat with hardly a winding road anywhere. Definitely not sports car country. I'm envious.

·
Registered
1,940 Posts
malibuite - 5/1/2005 10:59 AM

Do you think there would be much interest in the Pebble Beach Concours d'elegance the end of August?

http://www.pebblebeachconcours.net/
I think that is a GREAT idea and will float it by some of our folks on our next drive which is 5/14/05...

BTW...lots of quicktime movies of past drives are available on my little website:

http://home.comcast.net/~motzko/Steves_SLK_Page.html

I will let you know how the others in our No. CA group respond...[;)]

·
Registered
1,940 Posts
Woolly:

Check out our April drive on highway 49 of the California gold country...

https://home.comcast.net/~motzkoiii/05AprSLK.mov

...[:D][8D][:D]

·
Registered
SLK350, BMW K1200LT
808 Posts
Motzkoman - 5/2/2005 1:35 AM

Woolly:

Check out our April drive on highway 49 of the California gold country...

https://home.comcast.net/~motzkoiii/05AprSLK.mov

...[:D][8D][:D]
...yet another great production, especially liked the 'through the mirror piccies' - is that town towards the end, a 'restored' ghost town/museum type place? or do real people live there? (I still think some of your R170 friends are being sponsored by Hershey's - chocolate dipped cars[:(])

Malibuite - my motorbyke trip is all on backroads, off the freeways, so hopefully it should be a bit quieter[:)]

·
Registered
1,940 Posts
Woolly:

The town at the end is the destination where we overnighted...Columbia in the California Gold Country. The entire little town is now operated by the park service, including the City hotel and the Fallon hotel. The City Hotel restaurant is actually staffed by students from the local college's culinary program and was a great place for the dinner. Glad you enjoyed the movie...[:D][:D][:D]

1 - 17 of 17 Posts