Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
R171 SLK200 2005
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Afternoon all,

I apologise if this has already been covered in the forums but did a search and can't find anything about this particular topic!!!

I've just finalised the spec for my car, and I'm planning on doing a Bremen factory pick-up!!! [:D] Anyway my main concern was finding out a date for pick-up so that I could organise time off work!!!

My dealer said to be that the w/c 30th May Mercedes would be in touch to organise travel to Bremen, for a hopeful pick-up w/c 6th June!?!?!?!? [:0]

That can't be right - Mercedes getting in touch the week before to organise the travel arrangements??

So I know there are many who have done Bremen pick-ups from the UK. Can you guys let me know when you organised the travel details - was it the week before??

Also does anyone have a phone for Mercedes, for the department that organise's the Bremen pick-ups??

Many thanks!!! [8D] [8)] [:D]

·
Registered
slk 200
91 Posts
sounds great thinking of picking mine up from bremen .but then do i realy want to put 700 odd miles on the clockin 2 days.the only phone number i have is mercedes personal collection 01908 303452

what route are you thinking of

·
Registered
R171
215 Posts
Once MB know which 1/3rd of the month the car will be built, you will be told of this. You should be able then to provisionally book your travel details, dates, hotels etc, and MB see to all of this. When the car is confirmed with a build date, you will then confirm your travel arrangements. Once the car is built you then have 28 days to collect the car. Even then, you can negotiate with Milton Keynes I believe. Get in touch with MK who were very helpful, even when there was a threatened strike at the factory. They are very efficient and very flexible with changes etc

·
Registered
BMW
900 Posts
tb manchester - 3/1/2005 6:18 PM
sounds great thinking of picking mine up from bremen .but then do i realy want to put 700 odd miles on the clockin 2 days.
Absolutely! I'm planning on doing over 1,000 miles on the way home. That way, the UK dealer gets to PDI it and clean it to make it as new when I get back, and it will already be run in as soon as I drive it off the forecourt back in the UK.

·
Registered
SLK350
258 Posts
Considering doing this myself, it states on the MB site that you can take a friend ( wife in my case ).
I assume that costs.

Does anyone know how much?

·
Registered
R171
215 Posts
Extra persons are around £330, but this includes the flight, hotel, meals and taxis so a good deal, it has to be said.

·
Registered
SLK350
693 Posts
I just dropped GF off at Stansted for a £15 flight (including taxes) to Hamburg. She has friends there, we booked the flight well in advance and she will join me in Bremen on Friday. An alternative to the £330 additional person cost.

·
Registered
R171 SLK200 2005
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for all the info people!!!! [:D]

Looks like if I sit tight Mercedes will get in touch to at least roughly organise everything, before it's finalised!!!!! [8D]

The next 3/4 months are gonna be a killer!!! [}:)]

1 - 8 of 8 Posts