Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
SLK350
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did I read on this forum that its possible to replace the awful 'coathanger' aerial (that really cheapens the car) with the stubby one off the SL (without affecting reception ?)

·
Registered
2005 SLK350 2011 GLK3504X 2006 ML350(selling when GLK arrives)
1,940 Posts
Yes and NO...past posts I recall show it replaced, but with some degradation of reception...[:0]

·
Registered
SLK350
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
THanks - I found the previous posts afterall and you are right, no one seems to have made it work. I will lay money at any odds that the next generation model has a stubby aerial !! Its all a marketing ploy !!

·
Registered
SLK350
693 Posts
innherb - 5/4/2005 5:33 PM

THanks - I found the previous posts afterall and you are right, no one seems to have made it work. I will lay money at any odds that the next generation model has a stubby aerial !! Its all a marketing ploy !!
As long as we can fit a new generation stubby aerial to our SLKs that will be fine with me

·
Registered
SLK350
258 Posts
Obviously a matter of taste here - I do not mind the standard aerial at all.

I can not see me replacing it unless it gets stolen or broken.

I am not sure I really notice it anymore either except when cleaning the car - convinced it will stab me in the eye one day.

·
Registered
350 SLK
1,528 Posts
Slk-Gill - 5/5/2005 9:57 AM

I am not sure I really notice it anymore either except when cleaning the car - convinced it will stab me in the eye one day.
I quite agree and think it is suited to the car. I think the stubby aerials, particularly those on the trunk, look like a dog or a very large bird pooped on your car.[:I]

·
Registered
R171 SLK200 2005
475 Posts
Slk-Gill - 5/5/2005 5:57 PM

Could you imagine going to the A&E/ER and trying to explain how you stabbed your eye - whilst washing your car!?!?!??! [:D]

1 - 10 of 10 Posts