Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2008 C 300 4Matic 07 SLK 55
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Am going to pick up my 07 tomorrow and wanted to find out from someone who has replaced the stock air box with the aftermarket high flow one. Has always helped every other vehicle I have owned and will be the first of many modifications to "help with the gas mileage" lol!!

Went looking at the Cayman S models and now that the 09 SLK's are out this was such a great deal I could not pass it up. Getting a loaded certified low mileage (with new rear tires no less) AMG for many thousands less than a Cayman. Now my wife will not have the only Benz in the garage….

·
Registered
SLK55,CayenneS,XKR
1,995 Posts
I've got Green filters on mine, you can get them through SLKworld dot com. It improves gas mileage, sounds better than the oems and improves exhaust noise slightly. Checkout the site I referred for more information.

Mohammed.

·
Registered
SLK 350 - 2004 Edition --- Ex Owner SLK 230K 1997 edition
169 Posts
Am going to pick up my 07 tomorrow and wanted to find out from someone who has replaced the stock air box with the aftermarket high flow one. Has always helped every other vehicle I have owned and will be the first of many modifications to "help with the gas mileage" lol!!

Went looking at the Cayman S models and now that the 09 SLK's are out this was such a great deal I could not pass it up. Getting a loaded certified low mileage (with new rear tires no less) AMG for many thousands less than a Cayman. Now my wife will not have the only Benz in the garage….
i swapped the old airbox on my 350 with the one "Sport" and the gas mileage decreased a lot.
Now I spend more in gasoline then before..
the car even when parked have a high consumption of gasoline!

L

·
0 Posts
Am going to pick up my 07 tomorrow and wanted to find out from someone who has replaced the stock air box with the aftermarket high flow one. ….

You can gain around 20 rwhp just by replace your air box with the factory E55 supercharger air box. Cheap mods ($450) when compared to renntech air box ($1500). Contact Vadim for more info at 1-949-584-4446.

·
Registered
'06 SLK55
831 Posts
You can gain around 20 rwhp just by replace your air box with the factory E55 supercharger air box. Cheap mods ($450) when compared to renntech air box ($1500). Contact Vadim for more info at 1-949-584-4446.
I find those gains hard to believe. Perhaps you would experience a gain from a SC 55, but no way on a NA 55. Also, has anyone swapped this out on a SLK?

·
Registered
08 C300 4Matic 07 SLK55
16 Posts
Thanks for the info!! Going to try and find the X Pipe(any ideas)—I like noise.. My old bike would have my ears ringing for several hours after just a half hour ride!!

First day ----- :mad::eek: picked up a nail in one of the brand new Continentals! A good excuse to get a set of the new Eagle F1 Asymmetricals!:D

·
Registered
SLK55,CayenneS,XKR
1,995 Posts
I've got the SuperSprint X pipe which also builds the X pipe on the Carlssons, it such a quality product and installs easily. Knowing that its made in Italy, its a top product and sounds great on any 55.

Here is a video of my car with the X pipe and Kleemann secondary catalytic converters.

YouTube - Hear me Roar

·
Registered
08 C300 4Matic 07 SLK55
16 Posts
I've got the SuperSprint X pipe which also builds the X pipe on the Carlssons, it such a quality product and installs easily. Knowing that its made in Italy, its a top product and sounds great on any 55.

Here is a video of my car with the X pipe and Kleemann secondary catalytic converters.

YouTube - Hear me Roar

LOVE IT:bowdown:!!!!! Do you have a source for the part???

·
Registered
SLK55, RX-7, G35x
31 Posts
20 rwhp off an E55 airbox? :right:

·
Registered
2008 C 300 4Matic 07 SLK 55
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Will have it in about 3 weeks---tip on looking it up on the site------listed under the 2005 model!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts