Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
SLK 350, '04 C 320C
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone with an SLK 350 headed to the USGP in Indy in June??

Last year's Mercedes tour-out for the Car Corral was really slim. Somewhere under 20 cars on Sunday. We were there with our '04 Citron Green C 320C. Not sure if we are going to take the 320C or the SLK 350. It would be really neat to have a multi-color display of 350's!!

Car Corral parking requires a special permit and the price is definitely right - free. Saturday you just park as you come in but on Sunday, they park you by marque. It drew lots of spectators each day but definitely more on Sunday morning.

·
Registered
SLK350
475 Posts
We were thinking about the June Sprints or another race at Elkhart Lake, Wisconsin. They used to let sportcars on the track before races. They had places like "Corvette Corral" and special parking areas for sportcars.

The Indy thing sounds fun, too. Keep us posted.

Roberta [:)][:)][:)]

·
Registered
06 M5, 07 RS4, 07 ML63
654 Posts
I already made arrangements to go with my sister. But now that you mention a mercedes corral, I may have to consider driving down the SLK from chicago instead of the truck. So possibly, count me in... and what would I have to do to sign up? All the better so that last year's safety car will be inhabiting the corral instead.

But there might be a small problem... since it was originally planned to be part of an extended road-trip, luggage space might be an issue for two people.

·
Registered
SLK 350, '04 C 320C
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Good morning - you may want to go to this link then to the contact portion. Last year they sent us a form to fill out with car info and in return we received a special pass that we had to display. We haven't received that form yet for this year.

http://www.usgpindy.com/

It's a neat concept and it affords the opportunity to share your car with others. You also become "part of the entertainment" for the weekend. The MB parking on Sunday was very convenient as they had us backed up to the wall almost in direct line with a walk-way across the golf course to get to the track.

Know what you are talking about with the luggage situation. We tend to backpack so that helps!

Looking forward to meeting you.

·
Registered
SLK350
365 Posts
masmole - 2/17/2005 12:13 PM

I may have to consider driving down the SLK from chicago instead of the truck...
Hey Masmole

What's to consider? Two people = slk ! [:D]

roadsta

·
Registered
'05 SLK 350
136 Posts
Carol K - 2/15/2005 8:31 PM
Anyone with an SLK 350 headed to the USGP in Indy in June??
I've been thinking about this for the past 2 or 3 years but I never did it. But this could be it!!
Any recommendations on tickets? Where are you guys going to be seated?

Angel

·
Registered
06 M5, 07 RS4, 07 ML63
654 Posts
So who is going to the USGP? I have tickets in hand and will be driving my SLK down to Indy with my sister. Is there a Mercedes-Benz corral to park in?

Paging Carol K.....?

·
Registered
SLK 350, '04 C 320C
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
masmole - 5/12/2005 1:42 AM

So who is going to the USGP? I have tickets in hand and will be driving my SLK down to Indy with my sister. Is there a Mercedes-Benz corral to park in?

Paging Carol K.....?
oop's excuse me for not being more attentive [:(]

We have tickets in hand too. We've also received our parking pass for the Car Corral. Here's my suggestion - call the Motor Speedway at 1.317.492.6700 and request the form or what you need to do to register for the Car Corral. We received a letter which has the pertinent info as far as what gate to enter, time, etc. If the do the same as last year, Saturday they will park you as you enter; Sunday will be divided by manufacturer. We'll be there with the SLK 350 - Caspian Blue. There's another SLK going to be there - black as I recall. I've chatted with him on Ferrarichat a few times. Just a thought, if you purchased your race tickets from the speedway, your customer number should be in the upper left-hand corner of a letter that accompanied your tickets. Where did you get your seats? As mentioned, we are in Tower Terrace S37 JJ 1-6. Email me at [email protected] if you need more info.

Looking forward to meeting you!

Carol

1 - 8 of 8 Posts