Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
SLK350
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any one have an idea when we will see a turbocharger, supercharger or other significant aftermarket performace upgrades for the SLK350?

·
Registered
SLK 55 AMG
3,560 Posts
Some of them already being offered. A UK site has one on the works, and Renntech claims to have one too.

·
Registered
2007 ML320 CDI - Silver/Ash
355 Posts
Went to the Renntech site.

For the SLK 350 they are offering a ECU performance upgrade which costs approx. $1,200.00 and results in a 10HP "claimed" gain.

For me, if I am spending that kind of money, I would first concern myself with increasing the TORQUE from my SLK, not the HP.

Kind of funny that Renntech fails to mention what - if any - gains in torque come from their ECU upgrade.

I am leery of touching the ECU first when considering performance upgrading for my SLK.

The first thing I would look into would be to see if anyone was producing an exhaust which would be more free flowing/less restrictive than our stock part.
The second thing would be the same protocol for the stock cold air intake.

These two modifications ASSUME that our stock SLK 350's are already not freely breathing. Which may OR may not be the case. Mercedes may already be exacting the maximum performance out this engine and the stock set up.

However - since our SLK's are so new, I guess we will have to wait and see what is uncovered and develops.

Considering the SLK is a Mercedes, I would assume that any modifications such as these will cost more than lower priced car.

Finally, we do have a good manufacturer's warranty in place which I am sure would be in jeopardy if modifications such as these occur during its effective time period.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts