Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi new to forum, looking to buy SLK found one but confused. It is my understanding that the SLK 320 is not a Kompressor engine. Yet I see one for sale that by the way looks great, the trunk says the following. Badge on left SLK 320 Badge on right V6 Kompressor. Is this possible or is someone just messing with badges? Thanks for your help in advance.

·
1998 SLK 230
2,648 Posts
SLK 230 - 4 cylinder supercharged (kompressor)
SLK 320 - 6 cylinder naturaly aspirated
SLK 32- 6 cylinder supercharged (kompressor)

SLK 32's are pretty rare to find (depends which country you are in - only around 30 came to australia), only around 4,300 were made world wide.

·
1998 SLK 230
2,648 Posts
to confirm if you can get a picture of the engine bay it should look like this... otherwise it is NOT the slk 32 AMG kompressor, just a normal SLK 320

Attachments

·
Registered
2002 SLK, 2008 C300, 2010 ML350
117 Posts
For the V6 Kompressor aka SL32: The door sills would say AMG, there would be two tailpipes not one, and each tailpipe says "AMG" on the chrome tips. It would have a "V6 Kompressor" badge on each quarter panel but the rear tailgate would say SL 32 on the left and ///AMG on the right...so yes..someone is just messing with badges.

·
Registered
2003 SLK32 AMG Designo
844 Posts
Kleeman used to sell a supercharger kit for the SLK 320, as did RENNtech.

However, they were very rare indeed.

Unless the vehicle in question has been fitted with an aftermarket blower, the 'V6 Kompressor' badge is a false description.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks

Thanks for the help, the ad does say the AMG sport package is on it but from the photos the door sills say "V6", and the word sport (hard to read in the photo) appears on front fenders between wheel well and door hinge.

·
1998 SLK 230
2,648 Posts
AMG sport option was a factory option which included cosmetic mods such as body kit and wheels. the true AMG had all that plus the motor.

sport version is AMG styling but minus the motor

Attachments

·
Registered
2002 SLK 230
52 Posts
Personally I'd skip the SLK 32. No limited slip differential (can be added) and not rack and pinion steering is a deal breaker in my book despite the 300 or so HP.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts