Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

201 - 220 of 220 Posts

·
Registered
2,399 Posts
I sometimes think that I need to quit making more storage space, and instead store less "stuff"...

It's interesting to learn little tidbits about other places - I had no idea that the UK had five-foot fluorescent bulbs rather than our standard four-foot.

·
Registered
2,399 Posts
Interesting - We get several smaller sizes, but our most common sizes are 2', 4', 8'. I have never seen a 5' or 6' tube.

LED replacement tubes are getting more and more popular. Many are over-priced, but the most common 4' versions are getting down to $5 - $6 per tube. Brighter, don't dim with age, and some are available that can be installed without a ballast. That eliminates ballast hum and failure, which is a good thing.

The shop building in the new place that we are trying to buy has four 400-watt metal halide fixtures for a 3000 sq ft area. They suck. It takes two or three minutes to get reasonable light - which isn't enough light, and if the power blinks off, it takes five to fifteen minutes for them to come back on...

I have picked up a dozen or so four-tube four-foot fluorescent fixtures, and will use the existing stash of regular tubes until they get dim, and slowly convert the fixtures to LED tubes. As I get older, I realize more and more that there is no such thing as too much light in the shop...

·
W220 Moderator
5,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #204
Hi guys,

Just to let you know, we are still on target for an end of September V8 R170 Conversion :grin

I haven't got a real progress update, but little things for this project are quietly going on in the background currently, so when the time comes, everything will all be ready to rock and roll :wink

I am currently busy with finishing the storage shed, re roofing our conservatory / hot tub room, and getting rid of a load of scrap, plus chopping down a load of trees, whilst we are having some form of decent weather in between the torrential rain and wind :frown
It is hard with our un predictable weather, as there are some things I can do inside shed / workshop / house when weather is bad, and some outside jobs that I can only do when the weather is good for a couple of days :wink

It's a bit hard to juggle all this, but rest assured, I'll be back at the project before Autumn / Fall.

By this time absolutely all the parts will have been bought.

I have now found a really great guy who contacted me and is going to let me copy his R170 SLK32 TCU's Coding, and as soon as that is done I will have 2 TCU / Diff possibilities ..............

One TCU suitable for V8 Trans (same as V6 Kompressor) and 3.07 Diff, and one TCU (S500 one) suitable for V8 Trans and 2.82 Diff, I'll also have both diffs here, I am almost certain I have everything else needed to do the job now, although a lot of it is currently still in one big piece .................

The Donor S500 !!

Buuuuuut, it will only take a couple of days to strip that down and rack all the bits I'm keeping :grin

As far as I can see there will only be 2 bits of messing / fabrication, and that will be Exhaust System from Cat / Downpipes rearward, and Cooling Fan related, the Exhaust Manifolds will be done as soon as the Donor is stripped, I have already started that job by carefully cutting up a pair of EBay 320 V6 Ex Manifolds :smile

The Shed Racking is all finished, and at last weekend I finally got one Minibus towed away, got more scrap out of the shed and into the other Minibus, plus another Bonfire to burn a load more stuff from the shed, and also cut back more Tree Branches .....................

I'm hoping to spend a fair bit of today getting everything out and dumping / tidying it all, currently it still looks an un holy mess, but believe me, when I first started I couldn't get more than 1 step into the doors, now I can actually walk all the way to the bottom end without stepping over anything :devil

1st pic, only 2 Scrappers left, once all scrap metal is in the bussie that will soon be gone

2nd pic Shed Doors rehung, ground in front cleared, doors now open and shut properly

3rd pic New Racking currently keeping some stuff off the floor

4th pic Existing Racking on right side needs a good tidy

Chow for now,

Attachments

·
W220 Moderator
5,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #205 (Edited)
Hi Guys,

I'm back again, thought it was about time for an update 😉

Been very busy with work, family stuff and also groundworks outside while the weather was nice, but here we are and it's Autumn .................

I've got a few bits done for the impending V8 'athlon ...............

Firstly I have to keep the Donor car moving under it's own steam just for now, until I need all the bits in the Workshop ................

But I have now stripped off everything I can without disabling it, and everything else has had it's nuts and bolts whipped out, dab of copperslip and then put back and just nipped up so I know it will all come apart over a long weekend, and can then be pushed out to it's final resting place, at which time all that will be left is all the Electronic Modules, Dash Cluster Shifter etc etc etc to be harvested as spares for my own W220, this can be done on a fine day with it standing on the Concrete Pad ;)

No need for jacking up etc, all these parts are inside the Car, under Bonnet, or in Trunk, everything from underneath that I want to keep will already be off, I'm even going to keep the Suspension Struts, and just stick wood blocks in where they come out, so car is a "pusher" back to the Concrete before the Scrap man is called to come and get the shell and junk :D

Here it is looking sorry for itself but still running and driving 😁 ..........

I am going to fit the R170 with Black Faced Dash Cluster, 200 MPH, (this will come from a Chrysler SRT-6 which is basically a V6 Supercharged R170 SLK 32 with a different body shape), so this has become a mini project ................

Basically, for R&D Purposes I bought a Standard R170 Cluster, then a Crossfire 160 MPH Cluster, and a 200 MPH SRT-6 Cluster ;)

Plan here is to use the Black Rev Counter Overlay from the 160 Cluster in the 200 Cluster to get rid of the SRT-6 Logo, I might add a "BRABUS" or "SLK V8" or similar I have a Guy who is going to cut me some small logo's in vinyl, we have just got to get a colour match, White is too bright, I'm going to send him a piece of the 160 Black Overlay so he can try and match the colour of the numbers on the speedo etc, likely, when un lit it will need a very light grey 😉

Here's some Computering a friend did for me, on a Crossfire 160 MPH Dash Cluster Overlay I nicked half his piccie lol .........

As you can see he is quite right, plain white just isn't gonna cut it .............
If the Vinyl guy can't match the Numbers colour then I think perhaps try for a Red the same as the Red Line Rev Markings etc and put the logo central above the Speedo's LCD Displays 😉

I have also bough a Crossfire upper drivers side Dash Panel with Cluster Surround, it's clipped to the 160 Black Cluster (above pic), sadly it is a slightly different shape around its upper curved edge to an R170 ............

So plan A is to find a spare R170 upper drivers side Dash Panel and modify it so the Black Cluster Surround portion on the Crossfires Panel fits, I think I can get it to look factory, but won't know for certain until I get into it !!

If that doesn't pan out then plan B is to use the Lens and "3 dial" Divider off the Spare R170 Cluster in the above piccie, with the Stock R170 Upper Dash Panel with the 3 Chrome rings ;)

I have a set of W208 HVAC Controls coming these have a Black overlay to match the 200 MPH Cluster (same fittings, shape and plug and play, but the R170 has White overlay to match it's standard Dash Cluster :)

Another cool thing is these Clusters light up Green and so do the Crossfire Switches too, (whereas the R170 is that usual for the period MB Orangey / Yellowy / White Illumination) and so a mini project has evolved there too ..............................

Basically I have shopped out on Fleabay and bought a full set of R170 Switches, and a full set of Crossfire Switches and fitted the Black R170 Switch Rockers onto the Crossfires Green Illuminated Switch Bodies >:D .....................

Postie arrived this morning, and Switches 'R' Us 😄

I've taken off a couple of the Rockers, yup, the Crossfires Illum LED's are different, the LED's look clear in the pix but have a Green hue IRL almost everything else is identical* ................

Apologies for pic quality in the next few, but photoing illuminated switches in the dark with cheapo camera and various Computer monitors in the background isn't easy .......................

Standard R170 Illum Colour at 13.0 Volts ..................

Less than 10 minutes with tiny screwdriver as a lever bar ...............

I now have a full set that have Black R170 Rockers that light up Green, well except for Roof, Mirrors and Headlamp switches, which haven't arrived yet for modding :devilish: ..................

IRL they are a tamer shade of Green, don't look as bright, again at 13 Volts ...............

* OK, so why did I say they are almost identical, well obviously apart from the Illum and the Silver Switch Rockers, there is a slight problem which was quickly worked out, but I did have that "oops" moment for about 30 seconds :eek: .............

And nope I hadn't soiled my pantie liner :devilish: .....................

Look at the Crossfire Spoiler Switch, it goes both up /\ and down \/ directions it has 2 microswitches, the R170 HCS Switch only presses in up /\ direction and only has one microswitch :eek: ...............

Now look at the Crossfire Alarm Switch, it only has the Towing Off position, and not the IMS Off position, so a single microswitch where the R170 switch has 2 directions & 2 microswitches ..............

All I had to do is fit the R170 Black HCS Rocker on the Crossfire Alarm Switch, and the R170 Black Alarm Rocker onto the Crossfire Spoiler Switch, then swap their locations in the Panel, thankfully they are interchangeable in the Panel and the Wiring Plugs are identical design so will plug right into the Car and work as it should 🤓 ....................

PHEW !!

So there we are, a bit of overall progress on the my project Car, more coming soon when the other Switchamabobs and Black HVAC Controls arrive 😁

Guess I'll need to find some suitable green LED's for those last few bits 😁

·
W220 Moderator
5,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #208
Hi again,

Thank you all for the kind comments ...................

Here is a pic of the stock R170 Dash area to be modded and a pic of the intended Cluster look when completed, just minus the SRT-6 logo ..................

Soooooo ..................

Another wee update ...........

The Car is on the lift for a vehicle check and clean prior to a few hundred miles jolly tomorrow, so this morning curiosity got the better of me ................

Can I get rid of the R170's retro looking 3 Dial Separation by using the Crossfire Cluster Surround or not :confused:

So I adjusted the column and laid the Crossfire Panel on top to see what sort of hassle I'm likely to have ................

I don't have a spare R170 Upper Drivers Dash Panel, and haven't yet found a good used in Anthracite, but will be actively looking for one to use, so I don't maybe wreck the one fitted to the Car :eek:

First 2 pics are how the Crossfire one is constructed, in the second pic I've actually removed the Grey Plastic bit which is glued over the Black Plastic piece, this is basically the Cluster surround and includes the mounting lugs ..............

So, looking at the Black piece, I am hoping that the mounting screw lugs etc are all same as stock R170 Panel, from memory of having it all apart for the previous Android etc install I am fairly certain they are, which would be a real bonus.

Next 3 pics show where the R170's original Panel has a bit of extra Anthracite coloured Plastic, due to the different upper Dash Tops curvature (see Red arrows).

Some Trimming Back of the Black Upper Curve will be required, not certain how much but will see when the R170 Panel is removed (see Yellow Line) .....................

To my eye, this all seems very very do-able, Cardboard Templates, transferred to thin Plywood, and much careful plastic trimming etc is order of the day ................

Hell, 👿 , it was a lot more involved getting that Android Head Unit to fit nicely in the Forward Centre Console a way back, gently gently takee timey will be order of the day 😄

I am convinced so far that this is very achievable, with my normal and anal care and attention to detail.

Also worth remembering at this stage, once the Engine and Trans Conversion is all done, the next Phase (Winter 2020) is a Bare Metal Respray, I am already collecting a full set of rust free bolt on Body Panels to prep and paint 😁

After that phase this whole Interior Trim will come apart for a full Leather re Trim, yep all these Plastic Panels etc etc, so any tiny discrepancy in gaps will be sorted out with the Leather Covers, (and trust me, it will only be tiny or I'll bin the part and do it again) 🤓

·
W220 Moderator
5,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #209
Hi again,

Scored a W203 CDI 2006 Diff today, this fits the R170 Rear End perfectly, push fit CV Joints and the smaller casing, (W220 is too big to fit) ..............

The Ratio is 2.82 same as S500, so the S500's Trans and TCU will all be happy with this diff :)

·
Registered
52 Posts
Sounds good. Did you post this using Tapatalk or PC? I'm on Tapatalk now and can't see any images so will have to fire up the laptop for a look.

Sent from my MI 9 using Tapatalk

·
W220 Moderator
5,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #211 (Edited)
Hi,

No, I'm not an Iphone guy, 24" Screen and Windows 10 on my Desk ;)
No problem with images etc then ...............

When I'm not at work, (I'm there 7am to 6pm Mon to Fri), I don't want to be connected to the outside world lol

I have an older basic Samsung Phone (which would go on internet but I don't), I use it for calls and texts when I want to 👿 😁

BTW this isn't the only Forum that has that issue, a lot do, try switching your phone to "Desktop Mode" you will find all sorts more then 😉

HTH,

·
W220 Moderator
5,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #212
Hi,

Just a wee update, BRABUS and SLK 5.0 Logos are organised and underway, 30mm x 4.8mm in Light Grey, will take a few days as the guy has to order the correct shade of Grey to match the Speedo etc's text colouring.

Today I found a few minutes to strip the Crossfire's 160 mph Cluster and harvest the Rev Counter part of the Black Overlay, then very very carefully stripped the 200 mph Cluster cut the overlay joint and swapped just the Rev Counter Overlay so no more SRT-6 Logo ...................

So from these 2 above I now have :-

Once the Cluster is Logo'd I will get it in the Car and test it, 3000 rpm should = 80 mph right now with the V6's 3.27 Diff, it will be 2500 rpm = 80 mph once the V8 2.82 Ratio Diff goes in 😁
The Speedo Calibration will not alter because it is working from the ABS Sensors which all have the same tooth count :geek:

The Lens and Black / Silver Ring Overlay Cover aren't clipped back yet, I was very careful un clipping it, no point clipping it back and tempting fate until the Logos are on 👿

·
W220 Moderator
5,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #213
Back again,

Moving on to the subject of Diffs .............

I had a very "NW Highlands grotty underneath" early model C Class W203 CDI in for a couple Rear Shocks this morning, so I photo'd the Subframe and Diff ..............

Now this one is a little different to the Facelift W203 Cars, the 2 rear Diff Mounts are (IIRC) exactly the same as R170, also Push Fit CV's, but the early W203 cars have 2.87 Ratio so no good 😉

The 2.82 one I have ordered has wider Rear Mount Bushes on the Rear Diff Cover, the left one is offset further left ........................

So yes I will need to swap the Diff Cover with the R170 one, but the 2.82 Facelift CDI Diff is identical otherwise 😁

Early Pre Facelift W203 2.87 ..............

Later Post Facelift W203 2.82, the Red Tag is where the Left Mount is, Cover is different, but I'm pretty sure the Bolt Pattern is the same ;) otherwise I'll have to re case it :( ...............

More soon,

Cheers for now, Dave

·
W220 Moderator
5,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #214 (Edited)
Hi, Back again,

Things are rolling on, I've 99.5 % settled on this, (ignore the 160 mph), that's just the pic we used, finished article will be 200 mph and graphics locations will be the same ......................

Only 1 more thing I'm going to try which is SLK 5.0 in non italic then it will be the same as the MB Badge on my Trunk lid 😉

BTW, I just had to buy a pair of these to see if they are decent enough to install on Da SLK Door Trims 👿 ................

Cheers Dave

·
W220 Moderator
5,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #215
Final Edit .................

aaaaaand CUT !!

This is it ...............

😁 😁 😁

·
W220 Moderator
5,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #216 (Edited)
Hi,

Another tiny update 😉

I just scored another Fleabay Diff, it's the earlier W203 CDI (2003 2.87), they are obviously a lot more common or the guy has had it a while / it whines / knackered / whatever IDC ..............

Buuuuut it has identical casing casting to the later W203 CDI (2006 2.82) diff I just bought to use when the V8 is in, but this one has the correct Rear Cover to fit the R170 mounts, so I can actually keep the V6 3.27 Diff that's in my SLK in one piece ...............

For the princely sum of £40.00 inc postage 👿

·
W220 Moderator
5,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #217 (Edited)
Ahh well, that didn't work, the £40 Diff looks identical in EBay pics but is slightly smaller width IRL so that Cover doesn't fit. It is also a 2.65 Ratio, so likely an issue with TCU Codings Paaaahhhhh :mad:

I can relatively easily get the C Class 2.82 Diff to fit with a little rework of it's own Cover, by ally welding the Left Mount boss on ;)

But that's not the end of it, the C Class diff has a slightly larger PCD for the Rubber Prop Coupling Doughnut's bolts, flanges don't swap as the Diff Pinion is larger shaft / splines :(

So now I gotta get a rear end of C Class Prop and the Rubber Doughnut Coupling, and likely have to weld the end piece into the SLK Prop !!

OK, I can and have done these properly in the past, so no real biggie there, and OK, worth that for the upgrade / strength, then it will bolt into the Car............... Except that the SLK Driveshaft Axles will then not have enough room to plunge as the diff is 5/8" wider overall, so now I need different Driveshaft / Axles maybe even custom ones, for which I do not have the Technology to do in house :(

I am going to need to get Mels 2006 C Class W203 (same 2.82 diff), on the lift at the weekend to measure it's Driveshafts, this is rapidly becoming a PITA :cry:

I now know that there are at least 6 different sizes of Casings used for MB's of this period, and really, I have got to use the 2.82 Diff to match Codings within the S Classes V8 EGS52 TCU !!

What I need is an expert in MB Diffs, but fact is I think they are so reliable, not many folk rebuild enough of 'em to know all about what interchanges with what :(

I don't recall ever rebuilding one when we had the Transmission Firm.

I have been told if I retain the standard R170 3.27 Diff and Trans / TCU combo it will run and drive ok, but will go into Trans limp near to full throttle, because of Torque Limits in ME Coding and TCU Coding ..................... It is not possible for me to alter this Coding in TCU :(

But anyways the Car will likely be much better with a 2.82 Diff Ratio anyways, for a start it will only shift once from 0-60 instead of twice, and also have 2500 rpm @ 80 mph rather than 3000 rpm !!

Don't know if @MAVA or @Kolleso can comment here, a guy in Kansas claims to have fitted CLK 55 Shafts and Diff (2.82 ??) to his 5.4 R170 car, but he runs a manual trans, megasquirt ECM etc :(

Also in UK anything MB and 5.4 liter M113 is almost non existent, I have had no luck searching for used bits.

Anyone have any useful links or info ??

·
W220 Moderator
5,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #218 (Edited)
Hi,

Update ................

I have now found another cheap diff, 2.87 Ratio, (close enough for my goals), which is alledgedly absolutely identical to R170 Unit, so I have bought that ..............

An early Pre Facelift C Class CDI ..............

It has Identical Rear Cover Mounts and bolt pattern to my R170 Diff CHECK

It should fit Prop Doughnut, and Driveshafts should be ok assuming the guy measured acrossways the Seals OK .................... CHECK ????????

It uses "Push Fit" Type Axle Shafts CHECK

We'll see when it arrives :D

The upside of this is I retain more Standard components rather than 1 offs, (Driveshaft Axles, Prop, Prop Doughnut, and an un modded Rear Cover), so no issues with spares later on !!

Should arrive early next week !!

Now there is one issue with this as discussed before, it is not a stock Ratio used on a V8 Tranny, so I now have taken yet another punt with this latest Diff purchase, one of 3 things could happen here ..................

1) The TCU will not throw a limp and ratio error because it is soooo close to the V8's standard 2.82 (I'll not hold my breath on that one)

2) @Kolleso who spoke of custom TCU Codings a few pages back will hopefully do me a custom coded TCU for 2.87 Diff in an otherwise stock V8 EGS 52 TCU, he has a PM 👿

3) I have 3 Diffs that don't fit and will have to revert to the 2.82 with all the non standard bits, etc, which I really don't wanna do 😦

Anyone else got any other suggestions ??????????????????????????

·
W220 Moderator
5,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #219
I think the problem is solved ................

Some good news I hope re the TCU ....................

Regarding the Torque Limiter :-

Standard 3.2 V6 Engine develops 225 Nm, and it's TCU is limited to 330 Nm
Standard 5.0 V8 Engine develops 460 Nm, and it's TCU is limited to 580 Nm ............. The V8 and V12 Trans's have identical Ratios, stronger 4 Pinion Gearsets and extra Friction Plates etc, IIRC they can actually handle something like 800Nm + :devilish:

The V8 is getting decent flowing Exhaust with just 2 x performance CAT's and SDS Ignition Timing and Fuelling optimisation work pretty much right after it's in and running OK 😁 :

I shouldn't get an issue testing / driving the V8 with V6 Trans combo until quite hard on the jazz pedal, at which point I understand that it will go into limp or neutral ;) ??????? ..............

I have now found another guy in Europe who can "remap" Custom Codings for EGS 52, including Raise / Delete Torque Limiter and Change Diff Ratio.
Spoke with him for ages yesterday ..............

I'm posting him a spare V8 TCU this morning to do both, as I just know the V8 will get remapped eventually, so lets not have excess torque issues further down the line 👿

200 Euros ................ Which considering he's the only guy I could find that can do it isn't too bad, I just hope that the latest Diff is gonna go straight in the Car, but it certainly looks absolutely identical to the one in the Car, and so assuming the seller has measured stuff correctly as I asked, it seems to be all identical except it is 2.87 Ratio as opposed to the V6's 3.27 ;)

Here is pics of it, note Breather on the Back just like V6 R170, 6 bolts in bottom half of Rear Cover just like V6 R170, and seller has said the Flange Bolt PCD and width of casing across Axle Shaft Seals matches my Cars Diff ;)

I'll let ya know how I get on with Custom TCU, but likely be a while yet, (Jan Feb 2020), until the V8 Trans and the new Diff get fitted as I'm going to run the V8 with the V6 Trans / V6 Diff / V6 TCU for a while first, then if there is any issues with Coding I know it will only be in the ME2.8 ;)

Once that's settled, cue the V8 Trans / 2.87 Diff / Custom Coded TCU, then if there are any issues it will only be TCU related :D

·
W220 Moderator
5,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #220
Hi again ..................

Over the last week I have been getting very despondent having had repeated failures trying to clone ECU's and bricking a couple of EBay purchased R&D ECU's, I was beginning to think I would never get this Car to run a V8 without paying someone else to intervene ..............

I've done no paying work today, but I don't care ner ner ner ner ner :D ......................

:p :p :p :p :p

I don't care if no one believes me, it shall be witnessed in a few months ner ner ner ner ner 👿 👿 👿 👿 👿

:p :p :p :p :p

I have successfully had the V8 Donor Car starting and running, (badly), on some 'old tat' W201 E Class V6 EBay ECU bought as R&D ECU Fodder ...............

OK, so as you can see from the ECU Pic, it doesn't have the Drivers for Coils and Injectors 7 and 8, (discussed pictorially way back in this thread), and as it was running it stank of fuel, running rich and misfiring, but IT STARTS AND RUNS !! IT STARTS AND RUNS EVERY NAFFING TIME, 😁 😁 😁 😁 😁

So how did I do it ..................

Well tbh I'm not completely certain right now, euphoria has kicked in lol , but I'll try and explain a little ...............

Forget Cloning for now, cannot get that to work, so here's what I did ..............

Took one of the EEPROM Files I read from the EBay V6 ECU yesterday and opened it in hex editor, now I edited just 2 characters in the EEPROM binary / hexadecimal / russian / ASCII lol , you call it what you will I just know what I altered.

I'm not going to divulge what lines and Hex exactly I changed, it's out there on t'internet if you really search for it, and very simple when you work it all out and buy just a few £££ of Kit and download a free Hex Editor Program :D
I don't want blokes in black suits adorning MB Logos and with ray guns turning up and "formatting" my brain-box thank you very much 👿

Seriously I don't want to divulge some info which has been given to me via some very clever guys who are in the know ;)
Y'all know who you are, and once again a big thanks so far ;)

Now, by doing this it has the effect of unlocking, "Virginising", just the Immo Data.

So now I plug that ECU straight into the V8 W220 Donor Car and turn the Key to Ign On, try to start car, nothing, no cranking, but just like with the SLK last week, I can here fuel pump running so I plug it into DAS and check a few Version Codings, E50 (5.0 V8 Engine) and EIS set to present cos that's what's fitted to the Donor Car.

Now I go check drive Auth in ME 2.8 and it says Transport Protection Activated, and "Start" is not enabled !! So OK, it sorta maybe's thinks it is a Brand New ECU !! .............

So now lets use SDS DAS to remove the Transport Protection ...................

SDS now says start the Car .............. "Yeah right" thinks I, after all my failures over this past week .................

So as I turn the Key, BAM she cranks over and fires up on a few cylinders, running like a bag of poop but that's no real surprise as this is an old V6 ECU, and likely some pin outs for Coils and Injectors would need swapping dunno, haven't got that far yet, but those will not need swapping when using a V8 ECU on the V8 Engine !!

Simple fact is it works, I can now definitely do the Immo bit. Wooooooo hooooooo Yippee Kay Ay mother f*k*'s 👿

So what next, simple .................... "Belt and Braces" ..................

When my latest EBay V8 ECU actually gets here, and when I get time, I will only touch the Immo Data to virgin it, then do the SDS Drive Auth Marriage, and just change Version Coding EIS to "not present" and Motor to E32 = 3.2 V6. At this point I should get a similar result where the V6 in the R170 will fire up at least on a few Cylinders, I will know more later on after I've done and dusted all the Wiring Diagrams and Pin Out confirmation !!

Here's a few pics from about an hour ago 😁

Writing back it's own edited V6 E Class EPR file .....

"Skeleton" ECU plugged into donor Car .....

Rev Counter showing it running, coughing and spluttering at about 400rpm :D .....

"Dave the noobie EEPROMMER" has gained his first stripe :D

That's all folks ................ Cue the music from Tom and Jerry 😁

Cheers for now, Dave

201 - 220 of 220 Posts