Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2001 SLK 320
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I'm a new benz owner as of a few days ago - 2001 SLK 320 so I just want to thank all of you in advance for any help/light you can shed when it comes to any questions benz related that I may be coming up with in the coming weeks.

Right now, I have an alpine headunit, rockford amp, and two alpine type R 10" subs that I pulled from my previous vehicle (1994 BMW 325IS).

I'm going to be incorporating at least the headunit and amp into my SLK tomorrow but I am unsure as to how to deal with having a sub/subs. I was trying to find out about stealth boxes (like JL Audio does) or other custom sub boxes that will fit best in the SLK 320 but I am having some trouble and not finding much on the forums...or not looking in the right places.

Can anyone shed some light on the following questions I have:

(1) Are there any pre-made sub boxes that fit in the trunk for the SLK 320...either all the way at the back or something that can fit where the spare is (false floor).

(2) Will I be able to hear the sub ok with the top down if I fit a sub/subs in the back trunk? Any advice as to placement and aim of the sub (towards the rear of the truck facing backwards, up, or towards the front of the car?)

(3) If you think I might have trouble hearing the sub in the back trunk with the top down, would it be better to somehow put the sub somewhere in the front of the vehicle (kick-panels) or some other way?

(4) Can people PLEASE post pictures of the sub set up you have either in the back trunk somewhere or in the front of the car kick-panels, or however you have it.

(5) Lastly, is anyone selling a custom/pre-made sub box that fits well in the SLK 320 or know of any place where I can buy one?

Thank you in advance for any help that anyone can provide and hopefully some of you have some experience with this and will have some helpful insight.

Thank you,

Tim

1 - 3 of 3 Posts