Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,398 Posts
Hello to you also.....And welcome to the forum

We could do with more info, What type of sound are you looking for ? What do you have fitted audio wise, Bose ?

·
Registered
2,398 Posts
The bose kit makes it much more difficult, I dont think you can do very much without ripping it all out and starting again.

I have never messed with the bose kit so cant really help sorry.

You need DickB, He knows the bose inside out, Few others here also know the bose kit well

·
Registered
33 Posts
if you're going to add a sub, you might want to think about getting a new deck.
I placed 10inch in my trunk but I had to install an aftermarket deck and amp. I installed a converter to run the stock bose system with it all.

·
Registered
2,398 Posts
Yeah subs in the trunk tend to rob what little trunk we have, You can put a small sub box under the floor on pass side, There is a false floor, Lift the carpet and you will see the deck to lift, Its small but a small box will fit.

I would say strip the lot and put in a new HU if you have a ipod look for ones that can run it, new front mids and tweets, small amp to run them and a sub under the floor in the cab.

Thats what I have in mine, and Im very happy with it. :D

·
Registered
219 Posts
I have a 12" sub in the trunk with a JL amp with stock radio and stock bose sound. Sounds great with the extra bump from the trunk :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts