Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2001 SLK 320
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This is my first post and I am hoping some of the forum veterans can help. I have already read a lot of the older posts in an attempt to figure out what is going on with my car. The car starts and then the rpm's drop drastically like it is going to die which on very rare occasions it does. Most of the time it stays running and the rpm's will even out and the car will run great for about 10 to 20 seconds. After that the car runs like crap and idles rough. I had the codes read and they are Trim Bank 1 & 2 and Misfire Cylinder #2. I have read on the forum about vacuum lines and inspected them and found that several lines needed to be replaced which I did. Before the vacuum lines I replaced the following: Spark plugs, Fuel Filter, Air Filters, MAF and the right side O2 sensor after the CC. I will change the other O2 sensors when time allows. I have also tried to add the Techron Fuel system cleaner to several tanks of fuel. I tried to switch out the coil and wires on cylinder 2 to see if the codes would follow. They did not. The car seems to run great at highway speed and gas mileage seems unaffected. I hope I gave enough info and thanks to all for any replies.

·
Outstanding Contributor - Always Remembered, RIP
Zotye Auto 1.5T T600 2016
52,804 Posts
The #2 cylinder problem may be the fuel injector. But it seems to me that you have an air mass meter problem.

·
Registered
2001 SLK 320
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks eric242340, I did replace the MAF, I just forgot to add that to the post. I read on the forum somewhere that you could have the injectors flow tested to see if they were working properly. I guess I could ask around some of the local garages to see if anybody does it. Anyway thanks again and I will look at that injector.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts