Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys,
I was hoping that someone could help me with a radio problem I am having with my 320 slk 2001. When I remove my key from the ignition the radio remains on. According to the user manual once the key is removed from the ignition the radio should automatically turn off. Does anyone know how I can solve this problem?

·
Registered
2001 SLK 320 6-spd
206 Posts
Try turning the radio off manually before removing the key. Your radio may be wired/powered to bypass the key switch.

Cheers

·
Registered
2002 SLK 32 AMG, bone stock. 1987 190E 2.3-16 valve (destroyed). 2005 E320 new toy.
14,926 Posts
The radio can play for about an hour with the key out, of course you have to push the on button to get that to happen. It could be that there is an internal short in the radio that causes that to happen routinely, if so you need a radio repair shop.

·
Registered
2014 SLK55 AMG, Performance Package
62 Posts
When I turn my radio off in my 2001 320 the radio stays on for about 5 to 10 secs and shuts off automatically[?]

·
Registered
1999 SLK 230
64 Posts
yeah, I'm normally walking away from my car when the radio decides to turn off....

kindof funny and embarassing, especially when I've had the top down and the volume way up.

that's how the radio is supposed to operate.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts