Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2003 SLK32 AMG
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I am thinking of selling my 03 SLK32 with 21K. It is Firemist with crimson and charcoal interior and an extended warranty good for 65K or until early 2012. I have been looking at a 2006 Maserati Coupe with 8K and original warranty that extends to 2011 or 50K. It is black on black six speed. Has anyone had experience with the Maserati. My friends are about evenly split between those who say 'go for it' and those who say I am crazy. Any advice?

·
Registered
SLK 320 BRABUS Modded
2,398 Posts
Erm

Are you talking about the 3200 ?

They are a very good price at the mo, But not cheap for parts.

But come on, When some one asks what you drive it nice to say Maserati, go and have a look and a drive, And find out the service cost, Only a maza dealer will be able to work on it really.

·
Registered
2003 SLK32 AMG
693 Posts
take a look around...

see how many 10 20 30 year old mausers are still on the road. POS...meraks boras etc are nothing but exotic rust piles...yes I briefly had a quatroporte 12 cylinders of money eating worthless metal shaped into a pretty package. they look great...but the only time you see them on the street is on the back of a tow truck.

·
Registered
SLK 320 BRABUS Modded
2,398 Posts
I have had two Ghibli's, One was good, the other a nightmare !

But I must say for the money I have been thinking of a 3200 for the summer, Just to smoke round in.

·
Registered
05 E55 AMG
611 Posts
Do what makes you happy man. I know which one I'd pick, but that really doesn't matter since you are the one driving whatever you buy.

·
Registered
98 slk230, 02 X5, 06 RX 400, 98 civic TC, 86 celica gts.
251 Posts
I'll go for it...your money, your the driver, whatever makes you happy m8....

·
Registered
2003 C320 Coupe\71 220 gas, 4-speed\95 Talon TSi AWD\97 J30\79 GS1000S\80 SR500\'69 Datsun 2000
83 Posts
My friends are about evenly split between those who say 'go for it' and those who say I am crazy. Any advice?
Stick with the ones who say you're crazy. If they think that and still call you a friend, they'll never let you down.

I can't run my car life. I'll be damned if I'd try to run yours.

·
Registered
SLK 320 BRABUS Modded
2,398 Posts
AM are pritty but not very good build quality, I went on a AM track day 12 years ago, All brand new cars.

When I came back after my drive the door handle fell off, So told the guy from AM, He then went over and put it on the floor with the other parts that fell off that day, It was quite a large pile.

The local AM dealer gave me one for the weekend for a test drive, Nothing fell off, But the trim round the dails in the center was CF, But was not rolled under it just stopped and had a ruff feeling edge at the bottom, not a £65,000 vibe

But the thing that was really bad was ...... When I put the hood up, As the front bit flopped down, It smashed me on the top of the head REALLY HARD !

Hard to look cool when you get bitch slapped by your car.

·
Registered
248 Posts
AM are pritty but not very good build quality, I went on a AM track day 12 years ago, All brand new cars.

When I came back after my drive the door handle fell off, So told the guy from AM, He then went over and put it on the floor with the other parts that fell off that day, It was quite a large pile.

The local AM dealer gave me one for the weekend for a test drive, Nothing fell off, But the trim round the dails in the center was CF, But was not rolled under it just stopped and had a ruff feeling edge at the bottom, not a £65,000 vibe

But the thing that was really bad was ...... When I put the hood up, As the front bit flopped down, It smashed me on the top of the head REALLY HARD !

Hard to look cool when you get bitch slapped by your car.

lol, classic line.

I have to agree with the others. Stunning car/terrible reliability.

·
Registered
SLK 320 BRABUS Modded
2,398 Posts
Yeap thats 3200

O yes they are very cheap here right now, I think they will come back at some point.

You can get them for about 14-15k all day, Some kicking round the trade for 11-12k, Thats silly money for a maza.

·
Outstanding Contributor - Always Remembered, RIP
Zotye Auto 1.5T T600 2016
52,804 Posts
The manual gearbox version is much more reliabe and fun to drive but avoid the automatic with paddles. Heres one we have just re-built:cool:

Attachments

·
Registered
SLK32, ML430
6,349 Posts
Had a friend who was given a bi-turbo for free. We are still not sure he got a good deal with all the work he has had to put into it. Granted this is a farily old car.

It is a great looking car and sounds fantastic. Plus the name cachet. You can expect to get the prime parking spots when you valet.

On the other hand as others have mentioned repairs are going to be on the pricey side. If MB repair costs scare you stay away from the Maserti.

It would be a nice change but just be sure it is the right decision for you. Go drive it and see what you think.

The SLK32 is a faster car if that matters to you.

·
Registered
2002 SLK 32 AMG, bone stock. 1987 190E 2.3-16 valve (destroyed). 2005 E320 new toy.
14,926 Posts
Italian cars and reliability are not well known for going hand in hand, but it's your choice, and I wish you all the best which ever way you decide to go.

If it were me, I think I'd look at a Porsche, even though I'm not much of a fan. The Italian cars look great, but I hope you have a garage near by......................... :)

·
Registered
'02 SLK32 (SOLD), '02 SL600 Silver Arrow, G55K
219 Posts
How much do you want for your 32?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts