Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ive got a 230 slk, and my roof has never worked from day one, its been on the computer and its saying speed sensor status signal invalid, so where is this sensor??? also from day one the asr/abs light has been on - where is the control unit for the asr???? any diagrams for both these questions??

·
Registered
Australia, 99SLK230 R170, 2001SLK32
1,375 Posts
okay - this is a blast from the past.....
I'm having trouble getting out of limp mode - but am thinking its one of 2 things.....
1) I've had my gear shift apart a few months ago to fix the reversing light issue....but it worked fine for a while after that....
2) the car has been sitting outside for a while and spiders'ants are an issue.
I actually found some nesting in my trunk under th carpet at one stage.....!

So - I lifted her up last night and removed both rear wheels - checked the speed sensors (as they are coming up on carsoft) and all clear....however this morning I read thsi post and I suspect if I actually disconnect the speed sensor from the hub I might find some gremlins in the cavity where it measures....obviously putting the speed sensor out when it is running.

Removing the sensor I presume will only leave a little hole....how do I get into this cavity and make sure its all clear?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts