Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
slk 200 '01
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys, new member here... on my way to view a 2000 (irish reg.) slk 230.

only pic available right now.
http://www.cbg.ie/CarPictures/default/CB325766.jpg

is this the new model? the owner says (i cant see!) the indicator lights are on the wing mirrors, but ive heard that the black apron on this picture was gotten rid of in the new design...

any help? do no models apart from the newer (2000, post 99) models have the wing mirror lights?

thanks,
C.

·
Registered
2002 SLK 32 AMG, bone stock. 1987 190E 2.3-16 valve (destroyed). 2005 E320 new toy.
14,926 Posts
The black lower sections were only on the older cars, 1998 to 1999 here in the US...

·
Registered
SLK 55 AMG
3,560 Posts
That's an old version for sure. It's still got the side indicators just above the Kompressor logos on the side.

It's not TOO hard to add the indicators onto the wing mirrors (just replace these mirrors and you're set).

p.s. it also has the boot latch release button to the right of the rear license plate (it's hidden just above the license plate in the newer R170), the door handles are black (should be body color) and the antenna should be color of the body too (it was offered body color towards the end of the cars life).

·
Registered
slk 200 '01
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Shinigami!

thanks a million my friend. yuo've got the eye for the detail there:)

it took me a while to figure out there was a 'new/old' difference - now i have the trained eye i can spot the difference:)

i have only so much money to spend on the car and the 'new' model is nearly 30% more exp... annoying because it looks so good...

oh well..

·
Registered
01 SLK 320 MT6
4,477 Posts
i have only so much money to spend on the car and the 'new' model is nearly 30% more exp... annoying because it looks so good...
Please read this:
http://www.slk32.com/pages/slkmodeldiff/slkmodeldiff.html

Look for an early 2001 - i think they got some reliability improvements that will save you money in a long run

·
Registered
SLK 230
1,007 Posts
Antenna location ?

strange how the antenna is on the rear wing and not in the window... thought this was only for newer models ??

·
Registered
slk 200 '01
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
RE: Antenna location ?

thanks kirill

it seems to be a better car overall in 2000/01... just have to find the right deal...

funny story re: my original post.. i went to view the car i posted a link to, and lo and behold the lady selling it was actually selling a CLK and just googled 'red mercedes kompressor' to find a photo (obviously not having the ability to use a digicam'..

how she's allowed to drive with such poor eyesight is beyond me!!

oh well, the hunt goes on.. anyone from Ireland on this site? ever?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts