Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
SLK-230
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I snapped pictures of this supposid SLK-200 AMG in Ireland. I am not sure if they had made a AMG 200 in Europe as I am from the states. Any ideas?

·
Registered
'98 SLK230, 2007 Black E63 AMG
189 Posts
Its an SLK200 with AMG wheels and an aftermarket spoiler (Mercedes has never put wing spoilers like that on the SLK).

Only one exhaust pipe also...

PT

·
Registered
2002 SLK 32 AMG
1,219 Posts
What year did Mercedes buy AMG? I suppose he could have taken the SLK 200 to AMG before they were part of Mercedes, but more likely a poser.

·
BenzWorld R170 SLK Host
2002 SLK32 AMG
2,652 Posts
As pterion said, it's a post-facelift SLK200 Kompressor with an "/////AMG" badge. The spoiler is aftermarket. I don't even see the AMG name on the wheels so they may be just replicas.

·
BenzWorld R170 SLK Host
2002 SLK32 AMG
2,652 Posts
Actually, you can still take your Mercedes to AMG and have them customize it. It costs big $$$, though. I took a tour of the Affalterbach facility 2 years ago and there were some pretty wild cars in there. The one I remember most was an right-hand-drive SL55 AMG painted in flat black (yeah, that's what the owner wanted and yeah, it looked like primer).

·
Registered
2002 SLK320 Sport
30 Posts
I would say poser since it doesn't look like it has any of the AMG body styling either.

Coincidentally, I saw a ML320 with an ///AMG badge this morning while going into work. And last week, while driving back from Florida, saw a CLK430 also with an ///AMG badge on I95 around the Baltimore Washington area.

Posers all. [xx(]

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi , it's only a Evo version with an ugly aftermarket rear spoiler , wheels AMG styling III design but not originals ,and a AMG badge , nothing more .
bye

·
Registered
2002 SLK 32 AMG, bone stock. 1987 190E 2.3-16 valve (destroyed). 2005 E320 new toy.
14,926 Posts
Question: Would it be an SLK 200 ///AMG or a SLK 20 ///AMG

Did AMG ever work with that small of an engine to start with?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Never, infact AMG starts for R170 from 3,2 engine like yours, but in Europe are sold as aerodinamic kit front /rear bumper and sideskirts made and marked by AMG and sold by MB with other particulars as you known like wheels , gear knobs, shock adsorbers , door sills ,double or single exhaust pipe ,seats,etc.

·
Registered
1999 SLK 230- RED
461 Posts
Ya know that black "primer" SL55....Did you ever see the radar wave adsorbable paint...such as applied to the stealth bombers....it too looks like "primer" but does cost big bucks..and yah, with the right connections you too can purchase some...sure seems to work too..just ask Sadamm [:0]

Regards

·
Registered
2002 SLK 32 AMG, bone stock. 1987 190E 2.3-16 valve (destroyed). 2005 E320 new toy.
14,926 Posts
I don't think Sadam got the good stuff. I heard he painted his "spider hole" with it before he crawled into it.

·
Registered
SLK 55 AMG
3,560 Posts
I saw a new R171 200 marked with the AMG badge (and the SLK 200 badge removed).

Would have parked next to it if I could have, but... couldnt [:(]

My Quad exhaust would have caused the guy to flip however had he seen it [;)]

1 - 17 of 17 Posts