Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just joined as I have been reading through useful help and advice and am looking for some assistance.

The Heater, fans and vents appear to work fine on my SLK 200, but when I press the Front Windscreen demister button, the fan goes full power, but the air blows internally in the car via the front and side vents. Virtually nothing is coming from the screen vents. If I close the front and side vents, the fan still blows, but no air blows out.

I am not used to car maintenance but happy to take a look and with care follow instructions. Does anyone have any advice. My thoughts are that there must be some mechanism that is failing to divert the airflow. I have to say I have yet to see if I can deflect air to feet only and if it is actually stuck on the main vents - but will try tonight. Appreciate any help.

·
Outstanding Contributor Always Remembered RI
52,804 Posts
Just joined as I have been reading through useful help and advice and am looking for some assistance.

The Heater, fans and vents appear to work fine on my SLK 200, but when I press the Front Windscreen demister button, the fan goes full power, but the air blows internally in the car via the front and side vents. Virtually nothing is coming from the screen vents. If I close the front and side vents, the fan still blows, but no air blows out.

I am not used to car maintenance but happy to take a look and with care follow instructions. Does anyone have any advice. My thoughts are that there must be some mechanism that is failing to divert the airflow. I have to say I have yet to see if I can deflect air to feet only and if it is actually stuck on the main vents - but will try tonight. Appreciate any help.
Ask your question on this link and you will get helpful replies;

R171 SLK Class - Benzworld.org - Mercedes-Benz Discussion Forum

1 - 2 of 2 Posts