Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Spoke to my dealer yest. Says all current orders are for 2006 cars to be delivered this summer. I thought the 06 would be out in the fall. Any comments.

Dan
Iridium 350slk

·
Registered
SLK 200
70 Posts
I am not sure if I understand this correctly, but are you saying that you can get an '06 registered car in '05 for example?
Is this anytime in '05 or only in the last third of the year .. or ...?

·
Registered
SLK350 (apr 15)
673 Posts
Well, in this country (the US of A, for location fetishists), new year models traditionally come out not long after mid-year. So by fall I'd expect to see the 2006's coming in for sure.

·
Registered
SLK 200
70 Posts
In south africa, If I take delivery of my car on the 31 December 2004 it will be recorded as a 2004 car with all the depreciation of that year attached to it!
:(

·
Registered
SLK 350
2,327 Posts
It will be interesting to see if M/B in the USA uses the 2006 designation as an opportunity for a significant price increase. With the very weak dollar against the euro, it's only a matter of time before they will have to do something. It will also be interesting to see what the price of the SLK 280 will be and what equipment will be standard on the 280. They can't reduce the manufacturing cost by simply reducing the displacement.

·
Registered
SLK 55 AMG
237 Posts
Duo-Art - 4/13/2005 10:00 AM

It will be interesting to see if M/B in the USA uses the 2006 designation as an opportunity for a significant price increase. With the very weak dollar against the euro, it's only a matter of time before they will have to do something. It will also be interesting to see what the price of the SLK 280 will be and what equipment will be standard on the 280. They can't reduce the manufacturing cost by simply reducing the displacement.
Good point!

·
Registered
06 SLK350
75 Posts
Yes, I ordered my 2006 in March and they told me to expect it in late June/early July. I was told they start actually making the 06's in June. I was also told that it takes 4 or 5 days to make a car and a few weeks to come over the pond. Soooo 3 out of my 4 month wait time is just to sit there knowing nothing is being done. :) sorry. . this wait is a killer.

·
Registered
SLK55 AMG
78 Posts
Any update on this thread/topic?

I've recently placed my order. Dealership gave me a build date of May 10th and I was told that my car should arrive at my dealer (West Coast of the US) the first week of July. I never bothered to ask if my car would be a 2006 as I assumed it would be a 2005.

Any new info on this would be great.

JS

·
Registered
SLK55 AMG
78 Posts
Any update on this thread/topic?

I've recently placed my order for a SLK 55. Dealership gave me a build date of May 10th and I was told that my car should arrive at my dealer (West Coast of the US) the first week of July. I never bothered to ask if my car would be a 2006 as I assumed it would be a 2005.

Will there be a difference in model year designations on the SLK 350's versus the 55's?

Any new info on this would be great.

JS

·
Registered
06' SLK350
2,315 Posts
I was told by my sales person at Glauser Mercedes(Westminster, CO) that they will be making the 06' models in late June, early July.

There will be no differences between the two models, price will remain the same. It will take at least four months to get the car if you order it.

Hope that helps... [:)]

·
Registered
06' SLK350
2,315 Posts
Forgot to mention that this applies to the SLK350 and not the SLK55, the latter will take much longer for delivery.

·
Registered
SLK55 AMG
78 Posts
Ynot,

Thanks for the prompt reply. Don't think I'll want to wait that long since I went with a 55 so I hope to see my 2005 car the first week of July.

JS

1 - 14 of 14 Posts