Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
is there any one out there who can help.
I have a 1997 E320 having done 139K and is excellent condition.
As I take off in the morning, it takes about 500 metres before the auto moves into 3rd gear..as if the timing belt??? is slipping.
Recently the battery died but was recharged by a reputable dealer.
Today the key got stuck in the ignition and it took 20 minutes to remove. (I dont know if this is related; I'm just giving all the info)
Also today, I has some trouble starting the car, needing to start it 5 or 6 times before it fired up.
Finally, I have noticed that the Merc occasionally revs marginally higher and lower as Im driving.

Ive only had the car about 2 months and am in love with it.
Any ideas / tips / suggestions ???

Regards

Peter

·
Registered
E320 wagon
953 Posts
The key is a another issue . Sounds like a cold start problem , make sure all the basic -plugs - air filter - are good . Trash the battery if you have any hint of more trouble , Find your radio code to reset after its changed .

A crank sensor pickup , failing will make for hard starting , need more info .

·
Registered
E320 wagon
953 Posts
Yes , it could be . A quick check with a meter should show 11-12ish volts at the battery posts with eng. off ,going to 13 -14 with all the lights and A/C fans runs . Some of the big auto parts stores test the whole charging system for free " in hopes you'll buy a battery - alt. . In rare cases it can be intermittent .

1 - 4 of 4 Posts