Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1771 Cugnot Steam Wagen
472 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The car has been slipping off and on the past few months. Including vibrations in the steering wheel. Was driving through the residential and came down at about 15 MPH. Turned to the right and BAM slip. Also was going through a local parking lot doing about 20MPH and came to a stop again BAM SLIP! It also did it at a complete stop before that with a similar speed. It seems first gear is the issue. Could it be the motor mount wearing the tranny mount in any possible way? I know the motor mounts are shot pretty much. What else could cause vibrations in the steering wheel and in the seats? It was the same way in our 84 300D we sold. Thanks a lot in advance. Forums been a HUGE help.
Jake

·
Registered
2001 E240
506 Posts
Mine the same issue on and off and both motor mounts were changed 6 months earlier...I just ignored it and later on the vibration is not there any more.

·
Registered
1771 Cugnot Steam Wagen
472 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Forgot also to add. The car has no issues in none of the gears except when it upshifts into first. This is also fully warmed. Also, not sure if there was a trans service performed or not. My father most likely would've done it but I can't ask him as he's passed. Also, no leaks noticed at the bottom of the car. there was one a few weeks back, but honestly it smelled like water. BTW there's a check engine light I should've mentioned.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts