Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,754 Posts
You have to push it in, then let go. Kind of like some cabinet catches where you push on the door, and it pops out a little (the ones without door handles).

Mine got lazy the other day...I have to 'bump' it in, then it slides out.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You have to push it in, then let go. Kind of like some cabinet catches where you push on the door, and it pops out a little (the ones without door handles).

Mine got lazy the other day...I have to 'bump' it in, then it slides out.
Mine won't slide out! I pushed it in as hard as I can and it still won't pop out.

·
Registered
7,654 Posts
My sliding tray works well when softly pushed in a bit.

It then comes fully out as in the pic. Don't use the phone or phone cover and cradle and the "click" upwards as any guide here.

You push the black tray cover in towards the back seat a bit(~1/4") and it releases and comes fully out towards the front of the car.

Remember that there is no up and down "click" as in that pic. We are opening the tray and this has nothing to do with that phone pic.

If it won't come out at this point, ...then it's stuck and maybe something has been jammed inside of it,... and you will have to force it open by wedging something along the side and prying it open a bit...

·
Registered
1,754 Posts
The click just shows the phone clicking in. I'm sure the poster of that pic used it more to just show the drawer.

Anyways, mine used to open when just pushed slowly and released. Now that sometimes works, but mostly I have to bump it with the palm of my hand...not hard, but a quick light bump. As Devours said, if it's stuck enough, you may have to try the other ways.

·
Registered
7,654 Posts
............. As Derek said, if it's stuck enough, you may have to try the other ways.
Not to do to much damage to get it open.

Let's say that the tray is full of junk and a pen has tilted to the top at the front edge and won't allow the tray to open normally.

Try to slide a thin blade across at the top edge and force the tip of the blocking pen (example) down and then try to pry it open at the same time.

Good luck...!!..:thumbsup:

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
the previous owner had two dimes jammed on the side. I wouldn't be able to get them out without taking the armrest off. So the only way was to flick them behind the tray with a miniature flat head screw driver. I'm happy that it works now. Thanks for all the replies.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts