Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1990 300E, 2002 ML500
1,379 Posts
Its a trickle charger I believe, used to prevent battery death from just sitting. Seriously though Corkscrew, you should loan me the car while you are gone.

·
Outstanding Contributor - Always Remembered, RIP
Zotye Auto 1.5T T600 2016
52,804 Posts
I hope you realize your car has two batteries;)

·
Registered
222.132 & 221.122 & 213.050 & 906.633
10,426 Posts
I hope you realize your car has two batteries;)
eric, this was discussed earlier, I believe the hopes are the front battery would not drain as consumers are using the rear battery. I really do not know if the front battery would survive 6 months even if it was taken out of the car (disconnected).

Another point you could have a look at the issue on connecting the trickle charger, I don't see why it did not start charging when the ground wire was connected directly to the battery ground pole while it did start from a ground point elsewhere. The battery voltage is marginally higher when measured directly from the battery if there are some consumers on that introduce voltage drop on the ground gable but that should be unmeasurable when the car is switched off (even if there are consumers on for some time immediately after).

Finally, I'd like to inform dahappybanana that the car is not available for you at November time, I think it sleeps in Florida and I should be driving it when I'm there. :D

·
Outstanding Contributor - Always Remembered, RIP
Zotye Auto 1.5T T600 2016
52,804 Posts
Guys, you are trying to make it too complex. Connect to the pos pole on the starter battery and choose a suitable ground. The starter battery is the master and the aux battery in the boot is the slave. So feed the master and let him feed the slave:thumbsup:

WARNING do not attempt to use two chargers as this would end in a dissaster;)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts