Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2005 SL65
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, Little help here interpreting the relay fuse diagram. The diagram says intercooler fuse is F51 and relay R located behind the passenger seat.

the diagram that came with the car seems to be different than what is actually there. Or maybe im looking at it wrong.

Help identifying the pump fuse and relay location would be much appreciated

Attachments

·
SL55, 300SE, GL450, Daytona 955i
10,293 Posts
The pump is not relayed, its switched via control module, that provides float/ground to it...

The pump is tested with SDS by actuating AUX coolant pump... if memory serves me right, under Chassis or body or ME

When in doubt, the pump is always bad... Show me an SL that's not loosing boost, and I ll due to charge overheat, and I ll show an SL that had its pump serviced in the last 2 years...

·
Registered
2005 SL65
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Maybe my termiolgy is wrong. What I call the intercooler pump I thing MB is naming it the low temperature pump.

The fuse diagram shows a low temp pump relay at R

EPC also shows a low temp pump at #70

What am I not understanding?

Attachments

·
SL55, 300SE, GL450, Daytona 955i
10,293 Posts
What are you trying to fix is a better question...

·
Registered
2005 SL65
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I can confirm that the fuse diagram that comes with the SL65 is not correct.
Why even bother to put it in the car if it is wrong?

Anyway, with the awesome help from my favorite MB parts suppler OE Discount Parts they were able to solve the mystery.

Attachments

·
Registered
2005 SL65
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What are you trying to fix is a better question...
Thanks for asking. I found a code P20E1 Charge air coolant circuit - Charge air temp to high.

Like you mentioned likely the pump. I wanted to start with the simplest thing first. Ya never know I could get lucky.

Recently I had a CEL for the secondary air pump. It turned out to be the relay.
the contacts were corroded.

Im hoping to get lucky again.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I can confirm that the fuse diagram that comes with the SL65 is not correct.
Why even bother to put it in the car if it is wrong?

Anyway, with the awesome help from my favorite MB parts suppler OE Discount Parts they were able to solve the mystery.
can you please confirm if that is the correct location of fuse / relay ? i have a sl65 amg 2006

·
Registered
2005 SL65
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
For anyone that stumbles across this and needs a confirmation. Yes it is correct for 2005 and now know it is also correct for the 2006 as well.

·
Premium Member
2005 SL600
2 Posts
I'm brand new to this forum and hoping I'm following protocol and requesting some help. I'm in this thread because there was conversation about the secondary cooling pump. The secondary coolant pump i.e. Intercooler pump has what looks to be a vacuum lime on the back side. Feels as though there is a slight vacuum with the motor at idle. Where does the other side of this vacuum line go? The rubber hose is only about 1.5 feet so it can't go that far and it doesn't look as though it's been cut or broken. I found it dangling on the driver's side behind the headlights within the engine compartment.

I had the dealer look at it and they said it was a breather for the pump and it goes into the driver's side fender so that it doesn't pick up any water or dirt. Then, they stuck the rubber tube through an opening which also had electrical wires passing through. Nothing the dealer said or did made sense. I think it might be time for a new dealership.

Can anyone tell me where the rubber vacuum line connects? I can't find anything which seems to show, connect me here.

Sincerely, John

2005 SL600

·
Registered
3 Posts
Sorry to revive this thread.

I have a question. Is the Aux heating pump located at the front under the bumper, same as a Aux Coolant pump.
I have a SL55 AMG KOMPRESSOR 2004. I have found fuse 23 in the front of the car deactivates the Aux Heating pump, also the heating control panel.

It would interesting to know this is the same one pump, if it is then it has multifunctions.

TTtod did you find your answer ?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts