Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2001 amg sl600. it has a very rough ride. i have been reading some other posting on this problem. i hear about a sphere and other things. when i look online for a Hydropneumatic sphere i don't find anything. but if i look under Hydropneumatic shock/struts i find them available for my car. is this the same thing. and if so is this most likely reason for my rough ride and the best chance to fix it? let me know because is sounds like i can get into a nightmare once i decide to let someond fix it. i don't want to get started and find out it is going to be double or triple to fix it because the new shockes did not solve the problem. give me you input as to the odds that this will fix my problem. thanks

·
Registered
716 Posts
rough

yes. Drives like a race car on brick surface! not impossible to fix. I hope they improved from other vehicles I have owned ( RR, Bentley 94 SL600 ) Gas filled. I rely on an experienced INDY for the last vehicle rebuild. great when working properly! Not cheap!

·
Registered
4,527 Posts
buzz84 hello and welcome in our big and international friendly family:). Please update your profile with your car, year and location to help us help you in the best and quickest possible way. For us it’s extremely important you do this.

Please get familiar with the Advanced Search feature of the forum as the matter as been discussed already.

Anyway, yes it's the same thing and you can find a very good write up on the matter if you look under the name chriswufgator :).

Cheers.

·
Greek God of the R129
8,364 Posts
Is it normal that you can hardly compress the car by hand! my car feels very firm how can i soften it 1994 sl600
You need to replace the cell/accumulators.
But I am always saying trouble shoot before....

Not easy, you remove the cells, take a Philips screwdriver push it in the large hole, if it goes in, replace the cell.
They have a nitrogen charge.

Oh, about 2000-3000 pounds/psi. ONLY. Haha.

Info?
The inventor of hydraulic suspension, was Citroen.
Look in there. ;)

Regards,
aam.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts