Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
'06 E500, '99 ML430 & '07 SL65 AMG
648 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I having some odd behavior with my front suspension on my '98 SL600. Everything is working grand when driving on the road but if I hid dip my right corner bottoms out and the tire hits the inner fender.

I have changed all four accumulators out (they were ruptured when I got the car and it rode like a go-cart). Most of the fluid was changed out at the same time so there should not be any gas in it. It is also worth noting that the main suspension valve body have been changed so all solenoids should be good.

I don't seen any leaking from the front right dampener and I am looking for other things that might be in play. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
94 SL600, 89 Jag XJS conv, 85 Daimler Princess, 97 993 63 Avanti 16 Lincoln MKZ hybrid 16 Silverado
720 Posts
Is the inner fender the plastic fender well?
What material is in your spheres?
I understand the hard ride ( go cart ) but what got replaced?
Sorry for the questions but I hope I am not headed your direction with my 600!

·
Premium Member
'93 600SL , 2009 C350
184 Posts
Good day! While I am not that familiar with the Ads I would look at how they are bled out. The way it is bottoming is like a brake peddle with air. PS. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
94 SL600, 89 Jag XJS conv, 85 Daimler Princess, 97 993 63 Avanti 16 Lincoln MKZ hybrid 16 Silverado
720 Posts
I have expressed to the forum my unhappy tire saga, that includes ego driven tire tread width and side profile alterations from the factory specs.
Have you wide , low tires that may be rubbing against the wheel suspension boot or during extreme side to side front wheel position that contacts the plastic liner of the wheel well?
For me that was corrected, along with a harsh ride with MB spec wheels and tires.
Good luck with all the possible solutions!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts