Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
'03 SL600 soon!
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have only have a few days to make a color/option decision on an '04 SL600 to be delivered in November. My first thoughts were Capri Blue with Ash Interior with Sport Package, Disktronic, Parktronic,and Tire Pressure Monitor...I believe the Xenon Lights and the Contour/Vented seats are standard with the 600.

What are your thoughts and pics if you have any of the SL500 or SL55 all ready on the roads with Black/Ash or Capri/Ash? The Stone Interior looks as if it would show dirt quickly...

Thanks

·
Registered
152 Posts
Capri Blue SL600

M-B resellers tell me there are two colors that have a reduced resale value-red and blue. The red I can understand cause it's a bit loud for an M-B, but the blue I cannot figure.

I went through this dilemma when I bought my SL, and decided upon Glacier White with Ash leather and a Navy Blue top. It is a very beautiful car especially with the chrome AMG's.

I have also a C320 sedan in silver with Ash leather interior.

I am now contemplating a CL500 as well and I think that will have the Ash leather interior as well.

Just be careful with your external color choice, and you should see an SL- either 500 or 600- in the Capri Blue before you decide.

I don't know if this helps.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I would defenetly go with the Black exterior.
It's much more elegant and classy !
And th...

I would defenetly go with the Black exterior.
It's much more elegant and classy !
And there's nothing nicer then a black on black car
[:D]

·
Registered
'03 SL600 soon!
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've seen a SL500 in Capri Blue but with the Stone interior and the Blue is gorgeous. It's...

I've seen a SL500 in Capri Blue but with the Stone interior and the Blue is gorgeous. It's almost a Navy or Midnight Blue and looks almost black in the shade or overcast skies. In my opininion, the Stone didn't work with the Capri Blue when the top was down. Unfortunately, the new SL's are growing on trees here in Fort Lauderdale and on my block alone there's 4 black and 4 silver '04 SL's. I've changed my order to black based on many "so called" MB expert's advice. You just can't go wrong with a black car but, I'm looking at the SL as a "fun" car even though it's an elegant 600.

Do you have an opinion on the new "Sport Wheels" on the '04 SL's? It's a 5-hole spiral design.In the new brochure, the 5-hole wheel is picture both going forward and backward depending on which side of the car they're mounted. I happen to like the standard 5-spoke tapered wheel that comes on the SL600. At least that's something that can be changed after the car is delivered.

·
Registered
152 Posts
I would not purchase a color because others say you can't go wrong! I would buy what you w...

I would not purchase a color because others say you can't go wrong! I would buy what you want.

There are too many black M-B's here in CA as well!

As to wheels, I stick with chrome AMG's on my SL.

I did see the wheels you mentioned, and I was not crazy about them.

You have to do what you feel is right, howevere.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts