Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
PLAN TO PICK UP SL55AMG FOR US DELIVERY ON NOVEMBER 4. 02 IN SINDELFINGEN. CAN SOMEBODY PLEASE TELL ME WHERE I CAN HAVE THE TOP SPEED RESTRICTIONS REMOVED IN GERMANY PRIOR TO SHIPPING CAN TO US. THANKS

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Has your delivery date been confirmed? Do you know how many are being delivered and when it will begin? My dealer is clueless, and I'm thinking mine will be ready about the time I'm in a wheelchair.<br>

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
YES, OUR DELIVERY HAS BEEN CONFIRMED. WE ORDERED THE CAR ORIGINALLY AT THE FRANKFURT AUTOSHOW IN SEPTEMBER 2001 AND THEN HAD TO TAKE THE ORDER TO OUR DEALER IN MIAMI FOR RECONFIRMATION. OUR DEALER WAS STUNNED THAT WE GOT THE ORDER BUT AFTER CHECKING WITH MERCEDES HEADOFFICE, HE CONFIRMED THE ORDER.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Best bet is to have your dealer's head mechanic to contact AMG directly and see if you can get the limiter removed. As I am sure you are aware, the problem becomes the fact that the tires can not support the speed - they will blow at around 182-186 MPH. <br> <br> However, the torque tuning is different on the unregulated models.<br> <br> I am taking delivery here in US 3rd week in August and have asked to have it removed as well. I wont truly know till it gets here to be honest.

·
Registered
CLK 320 cabrio. A190
36 Posts
Re: Re: SL55AMG TOP SPEED RESTRICTION - HELP NEEDED

Best bet is to have your dealer's head mechanic to contact AMG directly and see if you can get the limiter removed. As I am sure you are aware, the problem becomes the fact that the tires can not support the speed - they will blow at around 182-186 MPH. <br> <br> However, the torque tuning is different on the unregulated models.<br> <br> I am taking delivery here in US 3rd week in August and have asked to have it removed as well. I wont truly know till it gets here to be honest.
not if you get 'special' tires such as the ones used on the Aston Martin Vantage Lemans

1 - 6 of 6 Posts