Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm from Italy and I've a new sl55 (and the wonderfull ml400cdi overtuned).<br>
This is the truth about the power increase.<br>
I've talk with Mr. Michael Liebchen from AMG ([email protected]) and this is the answer:<br>
<br>
What's written in the news papers about the performance is not the truth.<br>
The certification of the SL55 AMG was made to 476 PS to make sure that every engine will have this performance.<br>
By doing the quality checks during the engine production we've found out that all of the SL55 engines have 500 PS or a little more and decided to change the certification to 500 PS from June on (MY03). <br>
This has nothing to do with an upgrade of the engine it's simply a change in the certification to show the real performance of the engine in the papers.<br>
<br>
I've send my chassis number and i've the certifications from Mercedes AMG that my car have 368 KW instead of 350 KW !!!!!!!!<br>
<br>
Bye from Italy<br>
<br>
Andrea (the first SL55'S 500PS owner)

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Glad to hear that. I would getting mine in August. US version would be slightly less of 493hp. I hope these car would deliver. I have really high expectation of them

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Dear White Knight, i don't know what car do you have but believe me, my previous car (in the last year) were:<br> - Porsche 996 turbo;<br> - Audi RS4 tuned till 425 HP,<br> and the SL55 is really superior !!!!<br> The only thing not perfect is the automatic gear. It work very well but probably a manual one will be better.<br> For the power I can grant You that all tha SL55 have the same HP.<br> Mine is black with all the optionals except tyre pressure, designo leather and panorama roof.<br> And Yours?<br> Bye<br> Andrea<br> <br> ps: I didn't understand how to send a picture.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
This is the most powerful car I ever driven. I currently own S500, CLK55CAB and E55. Hence I am really looking forward to it.<br>
<br>
White Knight

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Believe me, is fantastic.<br> Last Saturday I go to the Genova sea (i live in Italy - Milan). There is a fantastic highway (a lot of curve) and I make some 'game' with a Audi TT turbo 4wd.<br> There's no story, obviously SL55 is faster in the straight way but i wasn't sure that is also faster in a highway with a serie's of curve (someone very slow !!!).<br> It's really wonderfull, never test a better car and i test a lot of car:<br> Subaru impreza supercharge (300 HP);<br> Audi RS4 (425 HP)<br> Audi S8 (380 HP)<br> Porsche 996 turbo (420 HP)<br> BMW M3 cabrio MY2002 (345 HP)<br> BMW M3 Coupè MY1995 (300 HP)<br> Lotus Elise (177 HP) fantastic only for 50 km/day<br> Ferrari 355 spider<br> <br> Believe me, the only problem of the SL55 is that it take a lot of fuel !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!<br> <br> Bye

1 - 5 of 5 Posts