Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
Several MB's
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here are some recent photos of my SL55. I just had the 2008 Performance Package Front end installed.

Attachments

·
Registered
87 Posts
Lookin good Lou...what year is your Sl55? You have the Renntech airbox, any other mods? How do you like the Renntech stuff?

·
Registered
Several MB's
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Lookin good Lou...what year is your Sl55? You have the Renntech airbox, any other mods? How do you like the Renntech stuff?
Thanks, it's a 2005 with 8,300 miles on it. I have the carbon fiber air box, larger throttle body, larger suoercharger pulley, headers and an ECU re-map. All of the mods are Renntech and I am pleased with the company. However they are pricey but reliable.

·
Registered
87 Posts
sounds good...I have an '03 SL55...thinking about some mods down the road. Looking into VRP, Kleeman, or RennTech...evosport has some nice stuff also. I'm just getting feedback from others at this point...

is your car an 030 Performance package originally, little bigger brakes, LSD, 19" 030 wheels etc...

·
Registered
Several MB's
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
sounds good...I have an '03 SL55...thinking about some mods down the road. Looking into VRP, Kleeman, or RennTech...evosport has some nice stuff also. I'm just getting feedback from others at this point...

is your car an 030 Performance package originally, little bigger brakes, LSD, 19" 030 wheels etc...
No it is a stock non Performance Package SL55. I bought the car off of the showroom floor and it had the 2 piece AMG 19" wheels on it with 255x35x19 Michelin PS2 tires on the front and 295x30x19 PS2's on the rear.
The Renntech ECU tune raises the top speed to something in excess of 200mph.

·
Registered
2003 SL 500 Sport, 1998 Ferrari F355, 1999 Lexus GS400, 1981 DeLorean DMC-12
100 Posts
Lou great looking vehicle!! I am in Sacramento as well. I would love to see your car someday. Is that a OEM bumper, or a reproduction?

-Chris

·
Registered
Several MB's
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Lou great looking vehicle!! I am in Sacramento as well. I would love to see your car someday. Is that a OEM bumper, or a reproduction?

-Chris
Great let's see if we can get together some day. It is OEM but what is interesting is how many different parts that were needed to get the new MB bumper to fit. All of the reinforcements, absorbers, inner fenders, fasteners, clips,etc. were different from the stock 55 bumper--34 different parts in all.

·
Registered
Several MB's
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Awesome! I hope you don't have to put a license plate on that beautiful front end.
It is required in California but I have no intention on putting it on. Fortunately it is what they call a "fix it ticket" and costs $10. You then have to find an officer to show them the plate is attached and you are good to go (double face tape is acceptable which is then promptly removed). Typically we find the officers at a doughnut shop!!

·
Registered
87 Posts
Great let's see if we can get together some day. It is OEM but what is interesting is how many different parts that were needed to get the new MB bumper to fit. All of the reinforcements, absorbers, inner fenders, fasteners, clips,etc. were different from the stock 55 bumper--34 different parts in all.
whoa....34 different parts:eek:...what did that run ya in parts and labor Lou (you can PM me or ball park it if you don't wan't to give an exact fig publicly)? I was thinkin' about doing something like this but I'll wait till ya throw out some numbers on what something like this might rin me...

The results Lou are spectacular...well done!!!:)

·
Registered
Several MB's
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
whoa....34 different parts:eek:...what did that run ya in parts and labor Lou (you can PM me or ball park it if you don't wan't to give an exact fig publicly)? I was thinkin' about doing something like this but I'll wait till ya throw out some numbers on what something like this might rin me...

The results Lou are spectacular...well done!!!:)
Parts before sales tax---$3,355
Labor and paint ----- 900

1 - 11 of 11 Posts