Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2002 SLK32 AMG
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any way to display the names of the streets when displaying the MAP under NAV funtion? So far, using any zoom, I am only able to display the name of the street I'm on. What's up with that? Being able to see upcoming intersecting street names is something any two-bit GPS can do... and my dealer doesn't know how to display all the streets either. Pete Kendall 2003 SL55

·
Registered
SL55
15 Posts
I've have an '04 SL55 and I was also disappointed with the screen information provided by the Mercedes GPS Nav system. You mention street names are missing and I'll add other items that should be displayed (e.g.names of rivers, lakes, small towns). It will occassionally display names of rives and lakes but you have to be at the proper "zoom level" eventhough there is plenty of room on the display when they are not being shown.

I have a Garmin 2620 which I take with me for long trips which provides much more information. All the map information is contained in the internal disk drive (i.e. no having to swap CD's depending on where you are in the country). Garmin also uses a touch screen which makes inputting information much easier. I would hope that Mercedes will contract with Garmin or Magellan for their future GPS navigation systems.

Ed H

·
Registered
2004 SL500 2002 SLK320
1,672 Posts
I tested the nav in my neighborhood and it does not show the street names. It just have lines for streets. I thought it show street names when I was in Atlanta. Well, I do not look at the command screen, because I can not see it when the top is down. I just use the Nav display in my instrument cluster. It tells me my next street, turn, and distance.

I will call customer servive on Monday for an answer.

·
Registered
2005 SL55
4 Posts
My 2005 (USA) shows street names. You can also choose a "birds-eye" view. I noticed, however, that my E-class (2005) has much better map graphics. Do you think that they use a different DVD? [?]

1 - 7 of 7 Posts