Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well coming home from Temecula on Saturday. Just clipped a big chunk of Tire the guy in front of me had just run over. Thought it just clipped the left side. But it put a nice hairline crack in the lower Air Dam. And I guess in the heavy rain on Sunday I lost the center grill. I guess it was loose from the impact. Looks like the lower fog lamp is loose too. Any body have a price on that center grill ? Oh well its been a couple years since I had the front end repainted. Just part of driving these cars. Your going to hit some road debris. Going to take it to Anaheim Hills Autobody next week.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well I am getting quotes around $ 1200.00 from Indy. Center screen from Benz like
$ 450.00. This is the reason I would not suggest getting a front spoiler lip on these cars.

And when I hit this tire fragment it felt like I missed it except for my left wheel. Oh well in 5 1/2 years and about 50K miles this is my first front end issue. It had to happen sooner or later.

Attachments

·
Registered
18 Posts
I have a cherry SL55 front bumper in silver and a Grille

I have an extra cherry ORIGINAL SL55 front bumper cover with original Silver paint and a center grill also with the fog lights.. These were spares from when I had a SL55. I now have an SL65 and the bumper is different so the parts are not needed.

You can install a front bumper cover in less then one hour it is very easy!! No special tools required...

Im in Malibu... [email protected] (310) 456-8833

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts