Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
03' SL500
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On an 03' SL500 I have to run a wire from the trunk area to under the dash. Any suggestions on the easiest routing and method would be appreciated. Thanks

·
Registered
2006 Vanquish S
400 Posts
glennbaz - 5/2/2005 1:48 PM

On an 03' SL500 I have to run a wire from the trunk area to under the dash. Any suggestions on the easiest routing and method would be appreciated. Thanks
It does not matter what side as they will both be the same.

In order to get the wire through the trunk area you will need to take off the side panel. In order to do this you will need to take off the center plastic panel in between the two side panels.

Once you get the side trunk panel off you need to get off the side panel in the back behind the seat.

After that panel comes off you will need to take off the sill plate and take the wire under the sill plate or carpeting. This will get you to the front of the front door.

You will then need to take off the kick plate by the feet and then the underside molding underneath the dash.

This is basically how it is done. If you are very serious about doing this, give me a PM with a number and I can call you and let you know exactly how to do each step.

The first time might be a little difficult although having done it myself several times, I would now find it not that difficult yet time consuming.

·
Registered
03' SL500
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. I by investigation I found about the same thing. I removed the rear drivers side rear panel but could not get through. I instead fished the wire through the space just under the plastic piece at the top edge of the rear window, down the door seal moulding and up the under the door sill.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts