Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A local garage of mine has a 2002 SL500 for sale, 75k FSH... for 14k.

I have asked whether any work has been done to the suspension ABC etc and was told no.

The car i have been told his slightly lowered from the rear, and has 20" wheels.

I have been reading up about the ABC issues with the pump, valves and hoses, hence the reason im in 2 minds about going for a SL500.

A friend of mine recently bought one and after 2 months driving had to replace the abc pump.

I have read through the very informative posts on here about ABC, but can some one tell me the basic checks i can do when i see the car? I was thinking of telling the dealer to leave the car parked for 24hrs so when i visit i can see if any side had dropped too low. How much roughly would it cost to put the car on a computer and do a rodeo test to make sure every thing is working. Say if everything is working what are the chances that some thing would break in relation to ABC? How much is the pump? valves? i think there are 2 1 front and back.

Its either going to be a sl or a e46 m3.... but the abc issue on the sl sounds like a pain.

·
Registered
930 Posts
theres alot more to worry about on this car than one item. you can spend thousands on many different problems. you have to take the car to mercedes and get a preowned inspection to find out what you need to know.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts