Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2007 911 GT3 RS, 1990 420SEL, 2007 S550, 1994 SL500 6.0, 2011 Aston Martin DBS
522 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So today, as anyone who saw my post about the wiring harness would know I've had a rough time with the car... However today I encountered something new, which made me laugh more than anything.

After I had put in my new spark plugs I was driving along and my friend reached over and turned on the windshield de fogger... All of a sudden the car fogged up more and then, I noticed steam issuing from the side dash vents....

I honestly just stopped and started laughing, opened the windows and let it run till it stopped steaming up then, carried on.

Anyone have this happen to them ? I'm just curious

·
Registered
1997 SL500, 1948 Rover 75 P3, 1984 Citroen 2CV, 1953 BSA Bantam D1, 1966 Velosolex Moped
1,141 Posts
So today, as anyone who saw my post about the wiring harness would know I've had a rough time with the car... However today I encountered something new, which made me laugh more than anything.

After I had put in my new spark plugs I was driving along and my friend reached over and turned on the windshield de fogger... All of a sudden the car fogged up more and then, I noticed steam issuing from the side dash vents....

I honestly just stopped and started laughing, opened the windows and let it run till it stopped steaming up then, carried on.

Anyone have this happen to them ? I'm just curious
I had this exact same thing happen to me just once, in a car other than my SL and never really understood it. However, if I remember my 'O' level Physics rightly, a high level of humidity at a low temperature = water vapour and it can happen intantaneously. There are actualy 'steam tables' that show the exact humidy and temperature that water gets 'wrung' out of the atmosphere. In my case, for some reason I forget, I had just turned my heater to 'recirculating' and 'wham' the car steamed up like in 2 seconds flat to the point at which I couldn't see out. It's never happened since so not a heater problem in my case. Lets hope likewise for you too!

BTW if there are any eminent scientists out there, I apologise if I'm talking rubbish - it's about 40 years since my last Physics lesson and I wasn't very good at it then :eek:. Cheaper than a new heater though....

Regards
Steve

·
Sith Lord
72 280SE 88 560SEC 92 E500 6.0 95 SL320 14 GLK350
11,813 Posts
Never allow your friends to tamper with your car controls.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts