Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1991 SL500
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone from british columbia know where to get mercedes parts for my '92 sl500 ? i'm in the lower mainland. mainly i wouold like to find out what i can do about my radio. Thanks

·
Registered
40 Posts
swap out the factory deck for a north american one .what parts you looking for? i have a set of 'amg' 2 piece wheels that would look dope on your car. fitment is perfect. had them on my sl600.
btw- i'm local to you depending on where you are in b.c.

·
Registered
'97 SL 500, 80K miles
35 Posts
What is the problem with the radio. I was able to access the importer / service outlet out of the eastern US to to get a replacement unit when the LCD died. Simple change out and works perfectly.

·
Registered
87' 190E 16V / 93' 600SL / 02' G500
1,197 Posts
I'm in the same boat as far as radio is concerned. I have heard there is a possible tuner adjustment located somewhere in the radio. Turn the screw and you can adjust the band range and get North American stations. I am still looking for better info before I pull the thing to look for the tuner.

·
Registered
1993 500SL
272 Posts
There are 2 different frequency shifters on ebay. Have tried both and not worth the effort. Adds lots of static and fades in and out. Suppose it would depend on where you live..

Just buy a new deck and be done with it.

·
Registered
87' 190E 16V / 93' 600SL / 02' G500
1,197 Posts
A friend of mine who owns an auto wrecker had mentioned to me most of the grey market cars he has wrecked the radios have had an adjustable tuner. He found this out because the radios would be useless to him for resale in Euro tune. He has yet to wreck a Euro R129 so I'm just going to do some more digging on the subject before I pull out the factory radio to locate the tuner. Thanks for the heads up on the e-bay tuners lets face it if you cant get good radio reception in Sask we out here would be S.O.L

1 - 6 of 6 Posts