Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi!

I have a problem, the button that should unlock the hard top so you can remove it doesent work.

Can you unlock it manually ? i know that you kan do it whit the two "locks" in the front but the two in the back, how do you do that ?

// Julius

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have alredy read it =( and the manual dont say how you should do..

Yes i know that i push the button in the right direction, i have been to a service station and they shall fix the problem whit the button but they dont have the right tools so i have to wait a month or so =( (som electrical problem or something)

Hope its some on out ther that knows how to do it

// Julius

·
Outstanding Contributor
'03 SL500, '03 SL55, '97 SL320, (2) '91 300SL, (2) '91 500SL, '00 S500 -- all for sale
4,235 Posts
Julius, I can possibly offer some help, but I can't without knowing what model year your car is.

·
Registered
clk350
71 Posts
Bob Terry,

I'm sitting here with baited breath waiting for your respose........lol!

I know how to get the soft top to do the manual thing, but for the life of me can't figure out how to possibly get to the back hardtop latches (And don't want to just pull apart the trunk liner to try and figure it out)!

While I hope I never have that issue with a stuck in place hardtop, inquiring curious minds want to know! [^][^][^]

·
Registered
1999 SL500
19 Posts
I had a smiliar problem a couple of months ago. I took it into the dealer and they were able to reset the computer which had locked out the latches. It cost me $270. Good Luck!

·
Outstanding Contributor
'03 SL500, '03 SL55, '97 SL320, (2) '91 300SL, (2) '91 500SL, '00 S500 -- all for sale
4,235 Posts
You can manually lock/unlock the rear latches for either top. On '94 and older cars there are small plastic covers near the trunk lid hinges which you remove to access the latch mechanisms and insert a very narrow 10mm wrench which is supplied with the original toolkit for the car. Newer models lack these openings for accessing the locks, so for these cars you have to remove the partition at the rear of the trunk. This is fairly easy, I believe, by simply removing the plastic fasterners holding the partition in place. Use a flat-blade screwdriver or dull knife to remove the pin from the center of the fastener before removing the fasterner complete.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts