Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Good morning, I'v tried searching but had no luck in finding a true answer. What is needed to put SL55/600 AMG calipers/ rotors (Front and Rear) on an SL500 "AMG package" vehicle, I keep seeing different answers and no one that's really done it while supplying a parts list.

Currently we have an 03 SL500 w/AMG Package, but it's more or less just cosmetic as I understand it

I'm seeking to upgrade to the AMG brakes on SL55/SL600. Vehicle is not a daily driver and stored indoors during winter so I'v got time for a project. Can I just get calipers and rotors + pads? or do I really need to change out spindle and lines?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2006 SL500
12 Posts
We have a 2006 SL500. When it needed brakes I found slotted and drilled rotors, ceramic pads, and all other parts needed at RockAuto.com. We had our MB certified mechanic install them. It now stops on a dime. And with the ceramic pads, no more brake dust all over the wheels. I just looked and they have 2003 SL55 AMG brake parts available. Good luck.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
We have a 2006 SL500. When it needed brakes I found slotted and drilled rotors, ceramic pads, and all other parts needed at RockAuto.com. We had our MB certified mechanic install them. It now stops on a dime. And with the ceramic pads, no more brake dust all over the wheels. I just looked and they have 2003 SL55 AMG brake parts available. Good luck.
Ok.....So I'm pretty sure thats just a bot ad. I actually hate rockauto for many reasons and will not order from them - also it doesn't remotely answer my question, what parts do I need? I'm not concerned about brake dust, just looking for cosmetic upgrade.

·
Registered
2006 SL500
12 Posts
Not a bot. You my not like Rock Auto and that's fine. I used my brother-in-laws expertise in what brands were better than others. The mechanic was skeptical of the source initially but was very impressed in the quality of the parts when I took them to him.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Someone did it on another site I think you will need the calipers,rotors I remember the guy saying something didn’t fit and maybe the fluid line if it’s bigger...I think he has a whole video on YouTube about it...legit street cars I think

1 - 5 of 5 Posts